NVIDIA Thinks You're RICH - WAN Show September 23, 2022 // Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

gamepleng

vQGLslE.jpg

Wanna hear Linus speaking spanish? Expect some trouble and make it double!

Besides a nice tech show off that could even make for a Techquickie or LTT video, the state of the technology isn't quite there yet. Furthermore, as some users reported in the Youtube chat, this language is one of the worst for a very simple reason: localization. There are as many spanish dialects as regions and countries where it is spoken (related).  Spanish spoken in Argentina has little to do with Mexico or Spain and so on, even if we can understand each other. Within Spain, somebody from the northwest has a completely different accent to somebody from the northeast or even places a mere 100 km away and we can pick those differences instantly. This causes issues in Youtube as a spanish speaker from Spain will look up for videos in his/her dialect and disregard others and viceversa, impacting viewership metrics.

Native spanish speaker here, don't trust your employees. It sounds like complete garbage. I have no trouble listening the original version but I have quite a hard time understanding my own language (or something that tries to sound like it and fails hard). Do you really want to begin publishing in Spanish? Hit me up, Colton (if you're not fired AToW).

PS: If anybody disagrees, feel free to discuss.

PS2: Hi everyone, this is my first post ^_^

PS3: Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, still getting the grips of it.

Timestamp: 1:25:56

• 1 month later...

Credit where it's due

Timestamp 52:57

This time around the feedback has to be... positive. It makes for a nice accessibility option (if that's the main goal) and is actually intelligible so GOOD JOB LTT TEAM.