PC Turns off randomly and boot loops

Simon Bjorkman
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

If you think you've traced it down to being something with the power switch/circuit did your testing include wiring in a temporary different one? Even if you found nothing wrong with the built-in switch that could give reason to believe something is wrong with that circuit on the motherboard.

If you cannot repeat the behavior with a temporary switch but the problem returns with the case switch then you found your problem.

If you can repeat the behavior with a temporary switch then that suggests the problem is something else.

Hi 

I am having a problem with my PC where it is randomly truns of and then starts boot lopping, and it does not matter if i am doing something or not on the PC, after a while it just turns of and then boot loops.

i have done some trubleshooting and have notice that when i turn on my PC and wait for it to start boot loop i can remove the power button cable from the motherboard and then it will start up and be on with no problem. but i cant understand what causeing this problem i have tested the cable and button and its not faulty. but keeping the cable in will make it boot lopp.

/Simon

If you think you've traced it down to being something with the power switch/circuit did your testing include wiring in a temporary different one? Even if you found nothing wrong with the built-in switch that could give reason to believe something is wrong with that circuit on the motherboard.

If you cannot repeat the behavior with a temporary switch but the problem returns with the case switch then you found your problem.

If you can repeat the behavior with a temporary switch then that suggests the problem is something else.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Hi Windows7ge 

Did not even think of testing it with a different switch thanks for the tip, I will try that.

i will be back with result shortly.

Edit: i plugged in a new power switch and got it to work. the old power switch cable or switch was broken and made false connection randomly that made the pc boot loop. replaced the switch and cable with new parts and PC now works fine.