Im planning on building a new pc, are these parts a good value and compatible?

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

Looks pretty solid, although there are a few places you can save a bit.

You can save $20 by getting the 5700X instead of the 5800X. The performance is almost identical and if you unlock the power limits on the 5700X with PBO in BIOS it basically turns it into a 5800X. However, if you are going to be mining Monero regularly, I'd actually recommend reducing the power limits and undervolting to save on power consumption - so if you don't want to mess with that, the 5700X is better to start with as it's more efficient out of the box.

The Noctua U12A isn't really a good value part in the sense that you can get comparable cooling performance for $40-50 cheaper, like the DeepCool AK620 or Scythe Fuma 2, but some people think Noctua's quality and customer support is worth the premium.

Budget (including currency): $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Animation, Video editing, compiling various open source projects, mining monero (CPU bound), and minecraft

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Ybvv3

Looks pretty solid, although there are a few places you can save a bit.

You can save $20 by getting the 5700X instead of the 5800X. The performance is almost identical and if you unlock the power limits on the 5700X with PBO in BIOS it basically turns it into a 5800X. However, if you are going to be mining Monero regularly, I'd actually recommend reducing the power limits and undervolting to save on power consumption - so if you don't want to mess with that, the 5700X is better to start with as it's more efficient out of the box.

The Noctua U12A isn't really a good value part in the sense that you can get comparable cooling performance for $40-50 cheaper, like the DeepCool AK620 or Scythe Fuma 2, but some people think Noctua's quality and customer support is worth the premium.

The i7-12700F is a much better CPU for not much more especially when including motherboard prices. Your CPU cooler is also overpriced, the Deepcool AK620 is better than that cooler while being less than half the price. I don't see any reason to go for the LPX RAM when you can get other good ones for $20 less. Generally I don't recommend getting a 3060, but for your use it actually makes sense to get one since AMD isn't great for that. This 1TB SSD is cheaper and double the capacity, and not too much slower. Unless you really want to get that case, I'd save the money and get something cheaper, especially considering it neads an SFX PSU which also increases cost. The Phanteks AMP is a great unit for a low price, and 650w should be more than enough for a 3060 and possibly even a future upgrade. This ViewSonic monitor is IPS while the Samsung you chose is IPS. Can't really find much comparing these 2 monitors, but on paper the ViewSonic should be better.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($312.96 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($51.64 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($75.75 @ Amazon)
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3030 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card  ($369.48 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: ViewSonic VA3456-MHDJ 34.0" 3440 x 1440 75 Hz Monitor  ($309.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1454.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-03 11:32 EDT-0400