5800x3d temperature Pinned between 87-92 degrees

cyndagon

Hello folks, I don't believe this is a serious issue but I'd like to talk about it at least.

I picked up an Asus b450 Gaming-f mobo a few years ago to pair with a Ryzen 3600. Worked fine, like the looks. I knew it didn't have the best VRMs but it didn't bother me, and I disliked the way the Tomahawk looked tbh. I know I should favor performance over aesthetics, but here we are.

While not too concerned, I would like to get the 5800x3d cooler. I know that it in general will run hotter due to the 3d cache stacked, and in general just not being as thermally efficient as its 5800x counterpart. I'm currently running a Kraken x62 240m Rad/Pump with corsair fans. While playing games it stays within the ranges in the title even with fans running 100%. Freq's stay between 4200-4300mhz. 

Is my best bet simply to undervolt? I don't want to buy a new mobo as this one works perfectly fine, albeit a bit hotter maybe. Or should I need even be concerned and run as is? I know AMD lets the chip run that hot for a reason, but I thought I'd at least raise the question. Thanks all.

The temps seem weird. I got similars temps with a 140mm!!! radiator, and when in cinebench, not gaming, in gaming it was about 70c.

So are you sure the cooler is properly mounted? No plastic "remove this before mounting" between the cooler and the cpu?

If you reused the cooler from the 3600, did you reapply new thermalpaste?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

What case?  How's your airflow?  
What're the ambient temps, etc?

It's also possible you don't have the best mount on the cooler.

Lian Li o11 Dynamic. Intake through 6 corsair fans on the bottom and side, exhaust 3 fans on top. I'll be sure to measure ambient temps when I'm at home, but off the top of my head I think it's like 50 degrees? 

I had tried with the remnants of thermal grizzly kryonaut I had used on my 3600, but when I saw the temps I figured there wasn't enough of it. Only thing local to me is best buy, and Corsair recently released some new XTM70 paste they said ranks up with the top pastes, but I can't find any reviews on it. Decided to give it a shot since it was quick tho.

No plastic or anything, I had been running on my 3600 for a couple years prior. 

My GPU which is an EVGA FTW3 3080ti gets to the low to mid 80's while vertically mounted. The ambient room temp is probably low 70's so that's not helping I'd imagine either..