Cannot Locate Boot drives, Still Show as Storage.

Hello, I am building my first computer and I have run into an issue with the BIOS. I have attached all of my desired storage to the board with the supplied Sata cables and they will not show as bootable devices. I run an ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-Plus Wifi D4 board. I'm trying to attach a 8tb Seagate Cuda Hard drive, a Samsung 2tb SSD and a Corsair 960gb MP510 NVMe.

I've been through the standard stuff. These drives are perfectly fine, the cables are fine not dirty or anything. I've changed settings according to the LTT channel's How to build a PC video. I've poured over the manuals. Went on Asus forums. Nothing. I cannot work this out.

The motherboard detects them as storage but I cannot boot off of them. I will be eternally grateful for any insight. 馃檨

6 minutes ago, The-Plasterer said:

Hello, I am building my first computer and I have run into an issue with the BIOS. I have attached all of my desired storage to the board with the supplied Sata cables and they will not show as bootable devices. I run an ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-Plus Wifi D4 board. I'm trying to attach a 8tb Seagate Cuda Hard drive, a Samsung 2tb SSD and a Corsair 960gb MP510 NVMe.

I've been through the standard stuff. These drives are perfectly fine, the cables are fine not dirty or anything. I've changed settings according to the LTT channel's How to build a PC video. I've poured over the manuals. Went on Asus forums. Nothing. I cannot work this out.

The motherboard detects them as storage but I cannot boot off of them. I will be eternally grateful for any insight. 馃檨

Since you cannot boot from them, did you install an operating system? Are the drives initialized in your OS?

If they are new drives and a new pc, there won't be any partitions on them. You have to install an operating system and later initialize those empty drives by formatting them and assigning a drive letter.

6 minutes ago, The-Plasterer said:

The motherboard detects them as storage but I cannot boot off of them.

did you install anything on them

These are brand new drives. They have not been exposed to any OS. Plan was to have these as available bootable devices in order to use the USB stick with the Windows 11 OS.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

did you install anything on them

Nope totally fresh out the packet.

3 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Since you cannot boot from them, did you install an operating system? Are the drives initialized in your OS?

If they are new drives and a new pc, there won't be any partitions on them. You have to install an operating system and later initialize those empty drives by formatting them and assigning a drive letter.

So I would do that by taking another PC and formatting these new drives to be suitable for this?

1 minute ago, The-Plasterer said:

So I would do that by taking another PC and formatting these new drives to be suitable for this?

no you plug your bootable media in and install windows.

Quick question , is this your first time building a pc?

Just now, emosun said:

no you plug your bootable media in and install windows.

Quick question , is this your first time building a pc?

Yes it is my first time. Are you referring to the stage where it asks you to select a drive to install the OS on? Because when I get to that spot it is blank and will not allow me to pick any of my storages.