Issues finding the keyboard i want

SkywarpWasTaken

Hello, first time poster here.

I've been looking into getting a proper mechanical keyboard for some time now but i've been hitting a bit of a wall with the options i have at my disposal, probably because of these issues:

- I want a 100%. No TKL or 60/65% (though TKL would still be possible).
- I need it to be Swiss French/German ISO layout.
- Similar sound profile to the Zoom65 Plouffe showed off if possible.

- Wired or Wireless is not too relevant, even though wireless would probably be a better option

One option would probably be buying the Keychron Q6 ISO barebone then the switches and keycaps separately, but i don't know how to find keycaps in the proper layout or available to begin with. 
Another option might be WASD Keyboards as they allow a whole slew of configurations in terms of keycaps and colours for the keycaps but i'm not sure about their overall quality and their switch selection is basically only Cherry MX ( Are MX browns even a good thing anymore?)

There are many pages which supposedly help people build their keyboards but i'm either too dumb or not informed enough to navigate them properly, so sorry in advance if i'm asking something that's actually pretty obvious or outright dumb. 

Any tip would be highly appreciated though. 

Thanks.

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations.

Went ahead and ordered the Q6 plus the corresponding foam.

In terms of switches Gateron seems to be an option, though i've heard some praise for the Zealios lineup.

5 hours ago, SkywarpWasTaken said:

but i don't know how to find keycaps in the proper layout or available to begin with. 

There are some off the shelf keycaps that support ISO-DE (at least Glorious and Keychron), but if you want something more specific, you might want to look into in stock extras from group buys. Especially KAT profile tend to have kits for regional variants. 

E.g. Mykeyboard is EU based and seems to have extras from KAT Arctic and Atlantis atm. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

34 minutes ago, seon123 said:

There are some off the shelf keycaps that support ISO-DE (at least Glorious and Keychron), but if you want something more specific, you might want to look into in stock extras from group buys. Especially KAT profile tend to have kits for regional variants. 

E.g. Mykeyboard is EU based and seems to have extras from KAT Arctic and Atlantis atm. 

I had checked MyKeyboard but when i search for Swiss it just give me one single option, might be a thing i should check more often i guess.

Falling back to the DE layout feels a bit like a desperate last ditch choice. Though i assume it is a valid one if it really comes push to shove. 

Are ABS keycaps a bad option? Because i could order the whole Swiss layout from WASD in that case.

58 minutes ago, SkywarpWasTaken said:

I had checked MyKeyboard but when i search for Swiss it just give me one single option, might be a thing i should check more often i guess.

Falling back to the DE layout feels a bit like a desperate last ditch choice. Though i assume it is a valid one if it really comes push to shove. 

If the North or French kits don't have what you're looking for, I'm not sure where to look, sorry.

1 hour ago, SkywarpWasTaken said:

Are ABS keycaps a bad option? Because i could order the whole Swiss layout from WASD in that case.

ABS is fine, there are some high end keycaps made of ABS too. Just be aware that they may start to shine after a while. And the legends on the WASD keycaps seem to be either printed or laser etched legends, so they will likely not last as long as higher quality keycaps.

:)