Would $300 of fans be the least effective $300 upgrade for a PC

Ryanwake

I've been thinking about it for days and then this video comes out and the coolers just so small so maybe the fans are a better investment

https://youtu.be/eIIAKkb6lNE

the founder cards have a way to pass air thow it still bad for sli but w/e... so in this build it looks to just rotate the cpu cooler to benefit from it in bottom out the top. cooler master case was best at this well having 2x 200mm fans on the bottom. this makes it so you can have a solid front for thows people want want it... and we could still keep the stander ram layout of vertical apos too the btx were there horizontal. air flow is important as well as parts that are designed to use it.

that being said we haven't even scratched the surface of whats posable because they do things as cheap as posable not for best performance. 

FanlessTech on Twitter: "Thermalright's Macho as fanless GPU cooler  https://t.co/mrv3l4STM9" / Twitter

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

You could buy anything from NZXT and waste even more money.

My Kraken x62 has been great for me. While their CAM Software isn't the best, their actual products are fine? If I didn't fall in love with a Lian Li case I'd probably have another NZXT Case to replace my old h440.

12 hours ago, Caroline said:

You could buy anything from NZXT and waste even more money.

In fairness, back in the day my $100 Kraken X61 kept a 4790K sitting at 4.8 GHz/1.275V under 80C in Florida. Money well spent.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I would say any money spent on RGB is money down the drain. Fans at least could be rigged up to cool either yourself of the PC, so not entirely useless.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 // GPU - Nvidia GTX 1650 SUPER // 16 GB DDR4 // Samsung 980 // Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

I just spent about $100 USD on fans, because my friends complained that they could listen my PC through the mic.  I'd say noice went down by half and my GPU remains cooler, so no regrets. 

15 hours ago, rebelmusician said:

I would say any money spent on RGB is money down the drain. Fans at least could be rigged up to cool either yourself of the PC, so not entirely useless.

You say that, but you can save a ton of money through your private disco. No entry fees and the booze will be way cheaper.

-> Moved to Off Topic

This does not sound like meaningful topic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, Mel0n. said:

You could buy something thats completely useless for your application like an Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor card. That would be even worse than fans

i could use that for something though, i cant run mincreaft on fans

On 10/4/2022 at 6:20 AM, Neroon said:

You say that, but you can save a ton of money through your private disco. No entry fees and the booze will be way cheaper.

nah my rgb is a better upgrade cuz it improves the thurmals more than the fans

On 10/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, thrasher_565 said:

the founder cards have a way to pass air thow it still bad for sli but w/e... so in this build it looks to just rotate the cpu cooler to benefit from it in bottom out the top. cooler master case was best at this well having 2x 200mm fans on the bottom. this makes it so you can have a solid front for thows people want want it... and we could still keep the stander ram layout of vertical apos too the btx were there horizontal. air flow is important as well as parts that are designed to use it.

that being said we haven't even scratched the surface of whats posable because they do things as cheap as posable not for best performance. 

FanlessTech on Twitter: "Thermalright's Macho as fanless GPU cooler  https://t.co/mrv3l4STM9" / Twitter

where can i buy this? i wanna make the most useless pc part picker list, with everything that could posibly increse my fps from this to rgb to xeon phi

10 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

where can i buy this? i wanna make the most useless pc part picker list, with everything that could posibly increse my fps from this to rgb to xeon phi

people have dose that and the thread just gets locked so...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links