Printing on a "waterproof" paper problem

PiberiusWilde

I was told to print my own photo. They said to use a paper called "Kulit Jeruk" translate to "Orange peel" paper. What it basically is a waterproof paper so that the photo would be easily damaged. At home I have an Epson L360 printer. Looks like this:

1596381729_WhatsAppImage2022-10-03at8_15.44AM(1).thumb.jpeg.35025f8a3bc06b8a4272dd3821f49211.jpeg

(Can you resize this? is a bit too big LOL)

Anyway when I print using that waterproof paper it came out like this:

803464661_WhatsAppImage2022-10-03at8_15_45AM.thumb.jpeg.0db17ea7b59ae46b9630cc3a549a9846.jpeg

I know freaky right? Now the photo on the right its what it supposed to look like. I have other photo paper at my house that I bought. I don't know what type it is because I usually just buy a few of them and they just bagged without it's packaging. And the generic one prints just fine.

756197756_WhatsAppImage2022-10-03at8_15_44AM.thumb.jpeg.03a9b9fda7b29fb9920b1c14cfffa2ef.jpeg

(The left one is the generic one and the right one is the "waterproof" paper)

I think what happened here is that the ink wont stick to the paper. Because even after a few hours when touched it, it's still wet. Does anyone know what I did wrong here? Is the printer aren't quite up to the task, my settings are wrong, or is it must use a "special" ink?

I'd already gave up on that and planning to go to a printing place instead. But please if anyone knows what to do, do please inform me. These paper are quite expensive and it will be a waste do just not used them again.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

know freaky right? Now the photo on the left its what it supposed to look like. I have other photo paper at my house that I bought. I don't know what type it is because I usually just buy a few of them and they just bagged without it's packaging. And the generic one prints just fine.

funny mistype if taken legit.

Ok, so ink no go to waterproof paper because waterproof reject it.

idk how to fix but theres some info

4 minutes ago, bunchy7s said:

EDITED

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

I don't have much experience with waterproof paper but from my basic understanding of printers you'd need to use a laser printer as they deposit and fuse the tonor to the surface whereas ink printers needs the ink to absorb into the paper which it probably can't do due to the waterproofness of the paper.