Full Gaming Tower from EBAY?

I heard a lot of horror stories about PCs not being packed well with air bubble packs for component protection, but those were a pretty long time ago.

Any of you bought gaming PC Towers from ebay before? How was your experience? I find a lot of good deals like $800 PCs with RTX 3060s, i5 12th gen and 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4, etc.

Any input is appreciated. thanks.

Budget Gamer at heart.

33 minutes ago, Brandi93 said:

Any of you bought gaming PC Towers from ebay before?

Overal good but sometimes they are just handled roughly and the gpu or cooler if its big detaches/bends stuff and the pc arrives mangled.

Thats why you pay with paypal then you get your money back.

What pc is it? A custom build or a prebuilt? Share a link or pictures?

eBay is not store, its marketplace where every ad is from different seller. So no, there won't be any comprehensive promise of decent packaging. Unless the seller is very established for long time and stuff like that. But like with all shipping, you are taking a risk with bigger and more fragile shipments.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Brandi93 said:

I heard a lot of horror stories about PCs not being packed well with air bubble packs for component protection, but those were a pretty long time ago.

Any of you bought gaming PC Towers from ebay before? How was your experience? I find a lot of good deals like $800 PCs with RTX 3060s, i5 12th gen and 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4, etc.

Any input is appreciated. thanks.

Any examples? If it's a prebuilt like a HP or Dell, there won't be any packing foam but enough brackets and supports to avoid shipping damage (unless it's one someone opened up and customized themselves). 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It depends entirely on the competence of the seller. 

If it’s a reseller that commonly deals in PCs, then there’s a good chance it will be packed properly and arrive in one piece. 

If they don’t know enough, or don’t care enough, it will arrive in a beat-up recycled box packed with garbage as void fill. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

13 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Any examples? If it's a prebuilt like a HP or Dell, there won't be any packing foam but enough brackets and supports to avoid shipping damage (unless it's one someone opened up and customized themselves). 

9 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It depends entirely on the competence of the seller. 

If it’s a reseller that commonly deals in PCs, then there’s a good chance it will be packed properly and arrive in one piece. 

If they don’t know enough, or don’t care enough, it will arrive in a beat-up recycled box packed with garbage as void fill. 

I found both Pre-builds like this Acer Nitro ($900 for a 3060Ti) and even pre-builds from German business (custom) like this one, which for $800 comes with a 3060.

Budget Gamer at heart.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:03 AM, Brandi93 said:

Couple more examples:

RTX 2080 PC for $750.

RTX 3070 PC for 1,050. 

First is one-time item, seller seems solid. Second is someone probably selling returned OEM hardware they buy from local retailers. Like they have ton of Acer prebuilds and laptops listed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv