Reboots during a cold boot.

System: Aorus x570 Elite

R9 5950x

Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4

32 GB Trident Z Neo 3600MT/S

EVGA 2070 super xc hybrid

Edit: Thought I'd add PSU: EVGA Supernova G5 850W

XMP (auto memory oc to its rated speed thingy) is on to have my ram running at its rated speed.

Sometimes whenever I boot up from a cold boot (not power supply being off but I have the system fully shut down) my system will just reboot during the boot process. So, system is off. I press the power button, lights turn on, fans spin. it turns off. it turns back on. fans spin, lights turn on, and then it boots into windows. Its inconsistent with when it does this, no rhyme or reason. Its not thermals, idles around 45-50 which I've read is normal for this chip. This was happening with the cpu on stock settings and with having set it to eco mode in ryzen master. BIOS is fully up to date. I have no idea why it is doing this and if anyone has an idea that could help me fix this that would be great. Current theory is its an issue with the bios and XMP because ive read about *similar but not identical* issues caused by XMP and other recent bios versions (so like one or 2 behind what mine is at)

1 hour ago, willhockey20 said:

System: Aorus x570 Elite

R9 5950x

Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4

32 GB Trident Z Neo 3600MT/S

EVGA 2070 super xc hybrid

Edit: Thought I'd add PSU: EVGA Supernova G5 850W

XMP (auto memory oc to its rated speed thingy) is on to have my ram running at its rated speed.

Sometimes whenever I boot up from a cold boot (not power supply being off but I have the system fully shut down) my system will just reboot during the boot process. So, system is off. I press the power button, lights turn on, fans spin. it turns off. it turns back on. fans spin, lights turn on, and then it boots into windows. Its inconsistent with when it does this, no rhyme or reason. Its not thermals, idles around 45-50 which I've read is normal for this chip. This was happening with the cpu on stock settings and with having set it to eco mode in ryzen master. BIOS is fully up to date. I have no idea why it is doing this and if anyone has an idea that could help me fix this that would be great. Current theory is its an issue with the bios and XMP because ive read about *similar but not identical* issues caused by XMP and other recent bios versions (so like one or 2 behind what mine is at)

I used to have a computer that had that issue many years ago.  Long before XMP, so it may well be something else.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I used to have a computer that had that issue many years ago.  Long before XMP, so it may well be something else.

Was the issue caused by something general that could be applied to my situation or something super specific to that system

2 hours ago, willhockey20 said:

Was the issue caused by something general that could be applied to my situation or something super specific to that system

No idea.  I never figured out what it was

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.