Jump to content

New Build...Need help to lower the budget.

Budget (including currency): about ~1000 USD

Country: USA-MA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: most recently played AAA is the Witcher 3, want to try out Elder Ring. Most play game on my PC is league of Legend unfortunate.........and don't play alot of AAA. Want to get into video editing soon.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

NO NEED MOUSE AND KEYBOARD AND MONITOR.

Using 32" ultrawide from Alienware and 27" monitor setup.

using i5-4670k, 32GB, 1TB ssd (almost full), GTX 970. Witcher 3 cannot run smooth.

Also, I want to build a mini-itx case, cuz they just look so cute lol.

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/937fk9

I think my list is way over for my need, but i also want to have futureproof........that's why i picked

i5-12400F

Z690

RGB 32GB DDR5

samsung 980 pro 2TB

RTX3070

Corsair SF750 750W

Lian Li A4-H20

 

Total:~1700USD have access to newegg, microcenter, amazon

 

While I love to futureproof my build. i also don't want to spend that much money.........

 

I am trying to control my budget under 2000usd = PC tower + NAS server setup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont need a 2 TB Gen 4 NVME drive, just get a smaller one,  then a cheaper Gen 3 drive.

 

I would also check HardwareSwap for used deals, and amazon/newegg for potential deals. If you live near a Microcenter, that would also be great for pre-built deals.

 

For 1700USD that Builds is pretty shit. Just being honest. You are spending more on the case then you are almost on the CPU itself, id at least get a 12700k and such with a bit better cooling, but it is your build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

This computer kinda really sucks for 1700$ and no way are you getting it to 1000$ with the specs you want thats just not happening so something has to give.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

You dont need a 2 TB Gen 4 NVME drive, just get a smaller one,  then a cheaper Gen 3 drive.

 

I would also check HardwareSwap for used deals, and amazon/newegg for potential deals. If you live near a Microcenter, that would also be great for pre-built deals.

 

For 1700USD that Builds is pretty shit. Just being honest. You are spending more on the case then you are almost on the CPU itself, id at least get a 12700k and such with a bit better cooling, but it is your build.

The samsung 970 evo plus 2TB is 60$ cheaper. I could with that.

 

how much better 12700k vs 12400f ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, HAHAIDK said:

The samsung 970 evo plus 2TB is 60$ cheaper. I could with that.

 

how much better 12700k vs 12400f ?

Depends on the game and such. Can be a small 2-3%, can be pretty high, just depends on a lot of factors and its hard to give an exact amount.  I was giving an example of what you should be getting for 1700$, not what you should do. a 12400f Build should cost no more then around 1100$, 175$ for the cpu, 150$ for the mobo, 150$ for the ram (price is declining fast) about 400$ for GPU, 80-100$ case, PSU 80-100$, and Storage 1 Drive to start, or however many you want. But 1700$? No you should be getting way more for that amount of money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Depends on the game and such. Can be a small 2-3%, can be pretty high, just depends on a lot of factors and its hard to give an exact amount.  I was giving an example of what you should be getting for 1700$, not what you should do. a 12400f Build should cost no more then around 1100$, 175$ for the cpu, 150$ for the mobo, 150$ for the ram (price is declining fast) about 400$ for GPU, 80-100$ case, PSU 80-100$, and Storage 1 Drive to start, or however many you want. But 1700$? No you should be getting way more for that amount of money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qxcdgb

 

What do you think about this new list.

 

I downgrade to 3060,

samsung 980 pro to 970plus

psu to 600w 

 

Total price come down right below $1400 now included cpu cooler

 

Noted:

I compare the DDR5 MB and RAM with DDR4 MB and RAM.

DDR5 MB and RAM only $40 higher in total. so i go with the DDR5 setup

also, RGB version is bit more 🙂

for the case, I am paying a bit extra for the mini-itx, just because i like the look.

But if you have any other mini-itx build recommend, i will look into it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

dont waste all your money on a $700 GPU!!!! wait a few more weeks for half the price on other gpus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

wasted on PSU,  CASE, GPU, Motherboard and ram!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryzen is still the king for mini itx builds, so I'd definitely look at that instead.

12th gen dosent really have a lot of good itx boards amd to top it off, they're usually ddr5 which sucks because of intels terrible memory controller and their vccsa voltages being locked down 

Lowered the price as much as reasonably possible while maintaining good performance 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pfd3d9

5600 which has comparable performance to a 12400f

Removed the cooler since it wouldn't allow me to add ryzen boards

Bit more expensive board thats still good, but with the board being more expensive, cheaper ram will lower the cost significantly 

Good 2tb storage

6600xt which is a better performer than the 3060

Same case and ps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×