Do I need Bios flash or no?

AdonMills
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

I wouldn't pay $50 more for it. It is a really nice feature, it has saved me once or twice, but at the same time it only saved me because I was being an idiot and doing a BIOS update with unstable RAM settings. If you aren't an idiot, it's not really necessary. 

Other boards exist with that feature for a significant amount less as you likely don't need an X570 board. The B550-A Pro has it for ~$70 less and the TUF B550-Plus has it for ~$50 less, both of which will do the same things as the X570-Pro, just with one less Gen 4 M.2 slot. 

Budget (including currency): ?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys so Got a Ryzen 7 5800 X and looking at 2 boards, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO, or the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus.  One has Bios flashback the other not.  Now I know two years ago as that's the only sources I can find on the subject you needed to update the Bios but is it so necessary now?  So much that it's worth paying that extra 50 - $60 

Edited by AdonMills
Forgot the 7

Get the board that HAS Bios Flashback, it's a lifesaver in the event of a bad bios update.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I wouldn't pay $50 more for it. It is a really nice feature, it has saved me once or twice, but at the same time it only saved me because I was being an idiot and doing a BIOS update with unstable RAM settings. If you aren't an idiot, it's not really necessary. 

Other boards exist with that feature for a significant amount less as you likely don't need an X570 board. The B550-A Pro has it for ~$70 less and the TUF B550-Plus has it for ~$50 less, both of which will do the same things as the X570-Pro, just with one less Gen 4 M.2 slot. 

13 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I've been debating with myself on if getting the x570 is even worth it for just the m.2  The price isn't too much more, however when there's more month at the end of your pay it's a juggle over want and need.

5 minutes ago, AdonMills said:

I've been debating with myself on if getting the x570 is even worth it for just the m.2  The price isn't too much more, however when there's more month at the end of your pay it's a juggle over want and need.

Unless you plan on more than 1 x Gen 4 SSD then I would stick with a B550 board like the ones mentioned above.