Can you help me run this old/retro game called "Boss Rally" on my system? If so can you show me how?

Joey Kapish

HI, I use to play a game (for pc/windows) back in the 90's called "Boss Rally". It was a racing game that was released in 1999 for windows and I am trying to run it on my computer but it will not run (and I have no idea why). I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out why it is not running.

The game was fortunately archived here (CLICK HERE) and available to download for free (as it is not available on steam nor any other retro gaming sites) and I downloaded the file. I extracted the file (and boi, that was hell to do because I had to do 10 different things in order to do 1 task). I then extracted/mounted the cue file and when I click on setup it appears to install like normal (giving me the normal dialog installation boxes) but then I get a "an error occurred during the move data process 113" message/error. I have tried everything to get this game to work and nothing works. I tried to run as administrator and it doesnt work, I tried to run in compatibility mode (Specifically "windows 98/windows me") and it doesnt work. 

Can someone help me to install this game. If you could, can you download the file for yourself (See Link Above Or CLICK HERE) and tell me if it works for you. I used to play this game a lot and specifically remember my computer couldn't handle it and remember how my computer struggled to run this game and I would really like to go back to nostalgia and play this game on the powerful computer that I have today. 

This looks like a case of it's too old to function on a modern os.

So basically it wont work on a system with windows 10 64bit. Maybe 32bit will have more luck but really you'd want a old pc for this.

Maybe you can play it in vmware or virtualbox. If that doesn't work try to run it in DOSBox. 

Please See Video. I have done just as the pcgamingwiki article says and "Directplay" is already checked.

The game wont even install. I can't get past the installation screen. Thats why I asked if someone here would be kind enough to install it and see if it runs on their system. Its easy to say "yeah just use pcgamingwiki, it should be a piece of cake. It shouldn't be too hard, its not rocket science, running this is like tying your shoes and picking a leaf off the tree, its not that complicated" its a completely different story when you try to install it and get a error. 

btw why wasn't I notified of replies on this topic? I never received the email notification that people replied to this topic. I specifically came back (because I was under the impression no one responded) to bump this post. I believe there is a bug/glitch within your(whoever runs the forum) emailing notification system because I never got the alert someone commented on my post. 

Hey guys, I decided to give this post another bump since the solutions that were posted here weren't helpful to me. I'm hoping that an expert would be kind enough to help me in this situation. I would really appreciate it!

BUMP.... PLEASE HELP!

I have installed "VirtualBox" and tried every Virtual Machine method and it still gives me errors. I can't get past the installation process. Can somebody please HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody at least confirm that they've tried or attempted to install the game and it doesn't work?