TP-Link AC1200 Wifi/Bluetooth Adapter || Bluetooth not working?

imKaia
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
24 minutes ago, imKaia said:

Hey All! 

I just upgraded to the TP-Link AC1200 Wifi/Bluetooth PCIe Adapter, after first plugging it in it worked right away, a couple of days later I saw that it had Bluetooth (Don't know how I missed this).. But I went on the website and downloaded both drivers Wi-Fi and one for the Bluetooth - although I don't know if I am missing something but the Bluetooth doesn't work? I don't have the little Bluetooth icon in the task bar or when I try to connect anything it instantly pops up saying I don't have a Bluetooth connection  

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I have tried resetting my PC and still nothing!

Thanks !

Many of these adapters use an internal USB header for the Bluetooth part. Did you plug in to a USB header on the motherboard? 

Hey All! 

I just upgraded to the TP-Link AC1200 Wifi/Bluetooth PCIe Adapter, after first plugging it in it worked right away, a couple of days later I saw that it had Bluetooth (Don't know how I missed this).. But I went on the website and downloaded both drivers Wi-Fi and one for the Bluetooth - although I don't know if I am missing something but the Bluetooth doesn't work? I don't have the little Bluetooth icon in the task bar or when I try to connect anything it instantly pops up saying I don't have a Bluetooth connection  

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I have tried resetting my PC and still nothing!

Thanks !

24 minutes ago, imKaia said:

Hey All! 

Thanks !

Many of these adapters use an internal USB header for the Bluetooth part. Did you plug in to a USB header on the motherboard? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I should have mentioned I did that aswell,  - I assume the wifi wouldn't work if the USB header was faulty right? I did use a SUPER old PCIe wifi adapter before this and it worked fine. Its just annoying the Bluetooth isnt working! 

1 minute ago, imKaia said:

I assume the wifi wouldn't work if the USB header was faulty right?

WIFi should work fine. You dont need the header plugged in for WiFi, only for Bluetooth. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

WIFi should work fine. You dont need the header plugged in for WiFi, only for Bluetooth. 

Oh really? Strange.. Ill try and replug it in maybe I did it wrong or something! 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

.... you'd never believe what wasn't plugged in.. Bluetooth works! derp, I swear I plugged it in.