Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming Bios Update Questions

Go to solution Solved by VladTheImpaler,

My way..

1. Asus will tell you if you need to take special precautions, otherwise a direct update is fine.

2. You should be able too, they dropped support for Ryzen 1000 CPU's... Your 2700X won't harm the upgrade process

3. Windows 11 supports MBR but won't boot from it.... Simply have 10 convert your boot drive to GPT... You should be able to do it from 10's drive manager.. It shouldn't be a problem or cause any data lose, it's a pretty generic conversion...

4. That bios "Supports 11" but will work just fine on 10, you don't have to upgrade the OS..

Supports by default just means it's enabled secure boot and TPM, neither of which will effect you 10 install

In other words, Yes... Update the bios, swap CPU's and your good to go.. You shouldn't have to do anything else..

Hi

I have 3 questions about my first Bios Update: 
First, I have an Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING Motherboard with a Ryzen 7 2700X
Bios Version: 0604
I want to update the Bios because I want to upgrade my system with a Ryzen 7 5800X3D

1. Question: 
Can I directly update to the latest Bios version (3802), or do I have to update the Bios in different kind of steps?

2. Question: 
If I update the Bios to the latest version (3802), can I still use my current CPU (Ryzen 7 2700X)

3. Question: 
According to the patch notes for the Bios Version 3205 one of the update is the following: 
"Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS."
My SSD has currently the partition style MBR not GPT. Do I need to convert my SSD and install Windows 10 again, or can I still use my SSD in MBR after changing a setting in the Bios? 

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

My way..

1. Asus will tell you if you need to take special precautions, otherwise a direct update is fine.

2. You should be able too, they dropped support for Ryzen 1000 CPU's... Your 2700X won't harm the upgrade process

3. Windows 11 supports MBR but won't boot from it.... Simply have 10 convert your boot drive to GPT... You should be able to do it from 10's drive manager.. It shouldn't be a problem or cause any data lose, it's a pretty generic conversion...

4. That bios "Supports 11" but will work just fine on 10, you don't have to upgrade the OS..

Supports by default just means it's enabled secure boot and TPM, neither of which will effect you 10 install

In other words, Yes... Update the bios, swap CPU's and your good to go.. You shouldn't have to do anything else..