Building new PC for playing games that dont require lots of performance

Darker1243
Go to solution Solved by birdflyer,

I changed out quite a few parts and here is why:

• CPU: Overpriced old CPU
  • CPU Cooler: No need unless you plan on overclocking. AMD one that's included is likely just about as good as the one listed.
  • MB: Old overpriced motherboard - there are other b550 boards for the same price or cheaper than the one you had, but I added a better one in there to retain the full ATX form factor.
  • RAM: Corsair memory used to be really, really good but due to what's going on in the world, they have not been able to do quality control very well. Patriot has been and makes solid memory
  • SSD: You had a good, reliable SSD listed, but compared to competition, it's overpriced. I included a PNY SSD which is very highly rated (actually higher than the Samsung) on the SSD Tier List due to it's Phison E16 controller, and high quality NAND flash. They seem to make good products and have good customer service.
  • GPU: Unchanged, go with what you can find for the best price to performance.
  • Case: Get something with more airflow. I went with this MSI because it looked decent for the price. I would also see if you like some of the mesh cases from bitfinix.
  • PSU: You should have at least a 500w for this system. I put in a great power supply from EVGA that I'm sure would last a good long time and keep your components functional.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cwncmr

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($136.00 @ GameStop)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
  • Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($52.99 @ Amazon)
  • Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3040 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ B&H)
  • Video Card: MSI VENTUS 2X OC GeForce RTX 3050 8GB 8 GB Video Card  ($289.99 @ B&H)
  • Case: MSI MAG VAMPIRIC 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($67.70 @ Amazon)
  • Power Supply: EVGA 500 BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ EVGA)

Total: $806.65

Budget (including currency): €800-1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Fallout 4, World of Tanks, Subnautica, Minecraft, Rocket League, CS:GO

Other details: I own quite new Laptop with Integrated graphics that i use for school and would like to have some simple rig to play games in 1080p above 60fps. I already own few monitors, keyboard and mouse. Please let me know if build like this is overkill and if i cheaped out on some stuff like power supply.

Here is the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z8CjLs

Thanks!

Better CPU, better GPU, better PSU, same price 🙂

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gN4yyK

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($136.00 @ GameStop) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 74.33 CFM CPU Cooler  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($77.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 175R RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Essential 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $793.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-01 13:31 EDT-0400

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I changed out quite a few parts and here is why:

• CPU: Overpriced old CPU
  • CPU Cooler: No need unless you plan on overclocking. AMD one that's included is likely just about as good as the one listed.
  • MB: Old overpriced motherboard - there are other b550 boards for the same price or cheaper than the one you had, but I added a better one in there to retain the full ATX form factor.
  • RAM: Corsair memory used to be really, really good but due to what's going on in the world, they have not been able to do quality control very well. Patriot has been and makes solid memory
  • SSD: You had a good, reliable SSD listed, but compared to competition, it's overpriced. I included a PNY SSD which is very highly rated (actually higher than the Samsung) on the SSD Tier List due to it's Phison E16 controller, and high quality NAND flash. They seem to make good products and have good customer service.
  • GPU: Unchanged, go with what you can find for the best price to performance.
  • Case: Get something with more airflow. I went with this MSI because it looked decent for the price. I would also see if you like some of the mesh cases from bitfinix.
  • PSU: You should have at least a 500w for this system. I put in a great power supply from EVGA that I'm sure would last a good long time and keep your components functional.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cwncmr

• Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
  • Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($52.99 @ Amazon)
  • Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3040 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ B&H)
  • Video Card: MSI VENTUS 2X OC GeForce RTX 3050 8GB 8 GB Video Card  ($289.99 @ B&H)
  • Power Supply: EVGA 500 BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ EVGA)

Total: $806.65

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

3 minutes ago, Darker1243 said:

If you could just let me know if thats all good

Looks good to me!

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

1 minute ago, birdflyer said:

Looks good to me!

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!

Used Germany pcpartpicker to hopefully get more accurate pricing 

About what id reccommend

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yv93d9

A 12400f which is really all thats needed for gaming

Cheap cooler since the 12400f doseny run too hot

Good board for the price

Cheap kit of 16gb ram

Good 1tb storage

A 6600 which is going to be significantly better than a 3050

Nice case and a good quality psu

Just now, Darker1243 said:

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!

No problem! I was going to mention, if you wanted to spend a tad more, you could upgrade to a 3060. You already got a slight upgrade over the 3050 with that RX6600 though so no pressure. Don't spend more than you can afford.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nyCjLs

• Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card  ($369.48 @ B&H)

Total: $886.14

10 minutes ago, Darker1243 said:

If you could just let me know if thats all good.

Thanks!

The only problem Is that the 5500 isn't really a strong cpu. It gets beaten by a 12100 and it's usually more expensive as well

500gb is also a bit small, I'd aim for 1tb 

The br also isn't the best psu 

Can you list some sites you plan to buy from?

13 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:
27 minutes ago, Darker1243 said:

The only problem Is that the 5500 isn't really a strong cpu. It gets beaten by a 12100 and it's usually more expensive as well

For gaming. Otherwise, productivity is, in most cases, still better on the 5500. Also, the CPU, MB, and Cooler all make the system about $150 more expensive.

500gb is also a bit small, I'd aim for 1tb 

I agree.

The br also isn't the best psu 

Not the best, but it's pretty close in its price range.

Used Germany pcpartpicker to hopefully get more accurate pricing 

About what id reccommend

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yv93d9

A 12400f which is really all thats needed for gaming

Cheap cooler since the 12400f doseny run too hot

Good board for the price

Cheap kit of 16gb ram

Good 1tb storage

A 6600 which is going to be significantly better than a 3050

Nice case and a good quality psu

I noticed that some parts from previous build werent avaliable so i updated the list: https://at.pcpartpicker.com/list/Mtz2Tn

-i think 5500 should be enough for stuff i need, CS:GO is indeed CPU-oriented but it should be fine
-B550 Motherboard seems also okay by me
-chose the cheaper ram that u suggested
-500GB is totally fine, wont need whole TB

-RX 6600 is also sufficient

-solid case imo

-and i picked 700W PSU

9 minutes ago, birdflyer said:

Not the best, but it's pretty close in its price range.

Sadly not avaliable in austria

25 minutes ago, birdflyer said:

No problem! I was going to mention, if you wanted to spend a tad more, you could upgrade to a 3060. You already got a slight upgrade over the 3050 with that RX6600 though so no pressure. Don't spend more than you can afford.

i would but its €430

It really needs a decent mATX case, but at.pcpartpicker.com is very limited.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€130.90 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte H610M S2H DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€95.90 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€53.90 @ Alza) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€85.90 @ Alza) 
Video Card: Inno3D Twin X2 GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card  (€397.90 @ Alza) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€88.90 @ Alza) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic B12 BC 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€54.90 @ Alza) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (€5.59 @ Alza) 
Total: €913.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-01 20:44 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

25 minutes ago, birdflyer said:

For gaming. Otherwise, productivity is, in most cases, still better on the 5500. Also, the CPU, MB, and Cooler all make the system about $150 more expensive.

Op only seems to be gaming though, so the 12100 is the better choice

The price jump is also since I was using de.pcpartpicker while you were using us pcpartpicker, so prices will be skewed cheaper to the us side

https://at.pcpartpicker.com/list/3RQt4s

This would be more apt if you're looking to save

It seems that there is an Austria pcpartpicker, though it didn't come up the first time 

35 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Op only seems to be gaming though, so the 12100 is the better choice

The price jump is also since I was using de.pcpartpicker while you were using us pcpartpicker, so prices will be skewed cheaper to the us side

https://at.pcpartpicker.com/list/3RQt4s

This would be more apt if you're looking to save

It seems that there is an Austria pcpartpicker, though it didn't come up the first time 

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I do like this build for what seems to be available 👍