How to safely OC, because...

Ossiepossie

Hi! So I want to safely OC some parts of my setup, because some parts are underperforming... My first question is: which programs can be used to safely overclock? I used MSI afterburner once, but can't say which values to put or even say I am proficient with it. Second question: can overclocking make windows crazy and make it delete itself? One time I had just OC´ed and my windows just stopped working. I went to a repair shop and they said there wasn't any trace of windows on my hd or ssd anymore. Kind of afraid to overclock again after this.. any good tips?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Ossiepossie said:

Hi! So I want to safely OC some parts of my setup, because some parts are underperforming... My first question is: which programs can be used to safely overclock? I used MSI afterburner once, but can't say which values to put or even say I am proficient with it. Second question: can overclocking make windows crazy and make it delete itself? One time I had just OC´ed and my windows just stopped working. I went to a repair shop and they said there wasn't any trace of windows on my hd or ssd anymore. Kind of afraid to overclock again after this.. any good tips?

Thanks!

Do you want to overclock the graphics card or processor?

To answer your second question: yes it can make Windows go crazy, but not delete itself. You may find it to bluescreen or give artifacts, which means your overclock is a bit too high and may have to up the voltage or bring the overclock down a bit.

24 minutes ago, Ossiepossie said:

Thanks!

What parts are underperforming? What are your specs?

I mean if they are underperforming at stock settings then ocing isnt gonna fix it as that isnt part of the problem.