Phanteks Glacier One 240mm T30 Support

kitnoman

It is my understanding that the AM4 bracket will also support AM5 and I also already have the 1700 kit for 12/13th gen. So I'm fairly certain that I would only be needing to buy a motherboard, ram and cpu to upgrade. But I'm still undecided though if I'll go with AMD or Intel. I'm still waiting for the 13th gen reviews, but just to confirm, what are the highest cpus that my aio can cool effectively?

Note: additionally, this is my first AIO and it just around a year. When do I know if I need to refill the coolant, how often do I need to refill in general and what are the affordable brands?

2 hours ago, kitnoman said:

Note: additionally, this is my first AIO and it just around a year. When do I know if I need to refill the coolant, how often do I need to refill in general and what are the affordable brands?

You dont know its a disposable product not meant for user repair and since these are vacuum sealed ones refilling basically breaks it.

There are no good brands just good products.

If you want amongst the best performance, noise and repairability either get a arctic liquid freezer ii as they are sortof refilable with extra work or a alphacool eisbear/eiswolf as they are made for that

Check prices. You could get 2x t30 fans(they come with rad screws) and liquid freezer ii 240 or be quiet silent loop2 240 for the same price as that Phanteks aio alone. Silent loop2 has a fill port and Arctic one can be refilled too but its a bit trickier. P120:s and Silent Wings 3:s are usually way better than stock case fans so those wont go to waste.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:46 AM, Jeppes said:

Check prices. You could get 2x t30 fans(they come with rad screws) and liquid freezer ii 240 or be quiet silent loop2 240 for the same price as that Phanteks aio alone. Silent loop2 has a fill port and Arctic one can be refilled too but its a bit trickier. P120:s and Silent Wings 3:s are usually way better than stock case fans so those wont go to waste.

The thing is, I already have the Phanteks Glacier One with T30 fans. So I'm really just checking if this could handle up to R9 and I9 or should I just stick with R7 and I7 cpu with this. Because I would only be buying ram/mobo/cpu this time. I really don't want to buy another AIO or case at the moment.