8K @ 30fps Video Recording Phones !

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what phones can record a 8k video at 30 fps ? (except the oneplus 9 series )

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Arsam said:

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what phones can record a 8k video at 30 fps ? (except the oneplus 9 series )

Thanks.

I'm not sure there are any — I've been looking and even the Galaxy S22 Ultra, ROG Phone 6 and other beasts top out at 24FPS with 8K.

As it is... 8K in any form is still a pretty niche feature. Few people have 8K TV sets, and the resolution often involves some compromise (huge file size, little or no software stabilization, that sort of thing). That and most people's ideas of a good 8K TV experience doesn't involve watching someone's shaky phone video.

I'd rather focus on high-quality 4K video at the moment. I'm sure 8K will be more practical in time, but we're not there yet.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:00 AM, Arsam said:

To answer to the point, 8k30 or 8k24 has been around on some brands of Android flagship phones since the SD865 era (early 2020)

I believe it started with the Galaxy S20+ and Xiaomi Mi 10 5G, both released in February 2020

Here's a list

https://m.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nVideoMin=4320

I won't question why or scrutinise your decision for wanting this feature 🙂

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

What exactly is your goal with 8k video recording?

Samsung showed the last years, that it looks worse and less sharp/detailed than 4k recording.

The best Video quality is offered by iPhone 14 Pro (Max) with ProRes capturing, and additional Editing by yourself. Followed by last years 13 Pro (Max). Attention: 128gb Version only does 1080p, while 256gb and more can do 4k.

Even without ProRes, iPhone Video quality is usually better than Android Models.

Some 8k Modes do not change that, keep that in Mind.