22H2 the 10th gen experience

Matthew J Johnson

I'm not really angry about the new Windows 11 update but rather I feel limited.  idle used to sit between 7% to 13% on the i5-10300H quadcore.  Since the new 22H2 update the idle sits at a STAGGERING 23% to 37% and turbos up to 4.50ghz while idling causing the CPU to hit 50C.  The fan curves have changed as well as GPU utilization and switching feels chaotic.  Lets first talk fan curves long story short the curves are now reminiscent of the i9 MacBook Pros AKA thoroughly cooked and ready to eat.  As far as the GPU goes when I fire up War Thunder I notice it takes significantly longer to auto switch to the GTX 1650.  However the latest driver from Nvidia fixed this mostly.  What the new drivers don't fix is the now constant frame drops by 20fps increments eventually equalizing at 15fps.  on windows 10 I could crush War Thunder at 90fps avrg.  I cannot confirm but my brother is having the same issues when he updated to 22H2 and he has an i7 11800H and a 3050!  I am always thinking conspiracy but this just seems like a optimization F up.  I really hope Microsoft fixes these issues.  For people who havent updated yet do so with caution as far as I know this issue is affecting select machines and most are laptops.  I feel this could also be manufacture and support at fault.  So be careful and see if others with your or similar machines are having issues regardless of specs.  I forgot to mention yes my thermal paste is fresh and its cryonaught.  

20220929_124629.jpg

23% to 37% CPU usage is not idle. What is using the CPU? 

My systems on 22H2 are.. basically unchanged. I've noticed not differences. 

20 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

23% to 37% CPU usage is not idle. What is using the CPU? 

My systems on 22H2 are.. basically unchanged. I've noticed not differences. 

Edge, system, runtime broker, antimalware services and Nvidia container.  any attempts to shut them down via TM results in "The operation could not be completed.   if you leave it for 30 min eventually things comeback down to 16%-19%.  I shouldn't have to wait half an hour to use my computer 

The first thing you need to do, is update all your drivers to the latest version. Chipset, GPU, Audio, Networking, etc. Go the manufacturer website if each part and get their drivers if/when possible.

This should be the first thing you need to do. I suspect some driver, probably chipset, isn't working right. Also the taskbar isn't being rendered correctly, so GPU driver is at fault as well.

Alternatively, you can rollback, you have 10days since you updated your system, and wait for drivers to be updated.

As for antimalware services, that is probably normal, as it probably doing a scan.