Return 3080 or Keep?

I purchased a 3080 12GB for 1100 CAD to replace my dying 5500 xt. My plan was to step-up with EVGA to 40 series, but we all know how thats gonna go.

Should I return my 3080 now and wait for AMD's GPU realease? I feel pricing might be more competitive at that point.

If you didn't got an amazing deal for it, then yeah return it.

You can always buy it back for the same price. But RDNA 3 is looking promising, so you can wait until that gets announced, and either buy back the 3080, or enjoy your new AMD RX7*00XT gpu.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you didn't got an amazing deal for it, then yeah return it.

You can always buy it back for the same price. But RDNA 3 is looking promising, so you can wait until that gets announced, and either buy back the 3080, or enjoy your new AMD RX7*00XT gpu.

Thanks for the input. The deal wasn't bad but wasn't amazing, it was under what I would consider the "Canadian MSRP." 

Dying 5500xt?  What do you mean?

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

24 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Dying 5500xt?  What do you mean?

PC crashes with it frequently, have tried different driver versions from the past 1.5 year. Doesn't seem to be an issue with my other hardware because i've tested with an old HD6670 and current 3080. Tested it on a fresh install too.

13 minutes ago, JesterTT said:

PC crashes with it frequently, have tried different driver versions from the past 1.5 year. Doesn't seem to be an issue with my other hardware because i've tested with an old HD6670 and current 3080. Tested it on a fresh install too.

It's not an old GPU.  RMA it, it's still worth somethihng.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

6 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

It's not an old GPU.  RMA it, it's still worth somethihng.

Oh definitely. Still waiting for a response for my RMA number. I just needed an upgrade as well for 1440p so it worked out to buy a new card.