How can I tell Windows10 to use the full set of my 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers?

Felixader

1. The Problem

I have recently gotten myself a set of 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers. The Logitech Z607 5.1 Surround Sound... System.
It is all connected correctly and also set up correctly. Drivers also all seem to be up to date.

To be precise when I use the test program from both Windows10 and the software for the dedicated Soundcard I can individually
ping all 5 Speakers as well as the Subwoofer. The automatic Test also works just fine. 

However, no program, neither Audio not Games, do use the full set. 
Only the Front Out Speakers are used which is obviously not what I want. 

The same issue occurs when I use the Audio from the Motherboard which uses the usual Realtek Software.

2. System Details 
Windows10 Home 64bit
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
Dedicated Soundcard Asus Xonar DX Audio Device
Sound System Thing Logitech Z607 5.1 Surround Sound Lautsprecher, Bluetooth, CINCH, 160 W

And the connection between Sound Out and what is basically the Receiver is done so that 
Subwoofer and Center,
Speakers Front,
Speakers Rear, 
all have their own connection.
The speakers are satellites and not full range speakers. 

3. Finally, can anyone tell me how make Windows10 and the programs on it use the full set of speakers?

Go into control panel, then search for sound and choose the first alternative. Go to playback devices and choose the one you want to use. Go to advanced (i think, othewise try the other alternatives. Then choose 5.1 sound.

@Felixader

how is the surround system connected to your pc? What type of connection/cable?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Denniz said:

Go into control panel, then search for sound and choose the first alternative. Go to playback devices and choose the one you want to use. Go to advanced (i think, othewise try the other alternatives. Then choose 5.1 sound.

First off thanks for the reply.

The Properties themselves (for both Asus Xonar DX Audio Device and Speaker Realtek High Definition Audio) don't have any settings in that regard.
For both I tried the set ups via their respective dedicated programs as well as the Windows10 Configure Speakers Option.

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

@Felixader

how is the surround system connected to your pc? What type of connection/cable?

They are connected via audiojack to cinch cables. And on a basis they function as I can ping them correctly as they are listed in both the dedicated audio programs as well as the Windows10 Configure Speakers Option.  

All right, I fixed it.

A case of being stubborn was at fault here.

1. My dedicated Soundcard is simply out of date. Nothing much else to say to this one.

2. In what I would call human error on my part I must have done the Set Up on the integrated Sound Device in a sloppy way.
Now, adjusting the bitrate and doing the set up again the sound is as I wish it to be. 

Turns out I was sloppy in my installation and tests. Sorry and thanks for the use of your time.