Intel’s top Arc A770 GPU is priced at $329, available October 12th

HandymanHandy

Summary

Intel is officially announcing pricing for its top Arc graphics card today. The top-of-the-line Arc A770 will arrive on October 12th, starting at $329. This price matches that of Nvidia’s RTX 3060, a card that the A770 is expected to comfortably outperform.

Quotes

“We’ve been seeing that for a long time the price of GPUs is right in this $200–$300 range, but what’s happened in the last few years is that they’ve gotten super expensive,” says Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger. “You should be frustrated because you are losing out as the gaming community, and today we’re fixing that.”

My thoughts

I think that's a great price to launch it at. Though, I hope they have enough inventory to actually make any difference. I personally would have bought it to try but I bought 3070 Ti is out of the return window.

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/27/23374988/intel-arc-a770-price-release-date

10 minutes ago, HandymanHandy said:

Summary

Intel is officially announcing pricing for its top Arc graphics card today. The top-of-the-line Arc A770 will arrive on October 12th, starting at $329. This price matches that of Nvidia’s RTX 3060, a card that the A770 is expected to comfortably outperform.

Quotes

My thoughts

I think that's a great price to launch it at. Though, I hope they have enough inventory to actually make any difference. I personally would have bought it to try but I bought 3070 Ti is out of the return window.

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/27/23374988/intel-arc-a770-price-release-date

If nothing else it will help to put a dent into NVIDIA's "The era of cheap video cards is at an end" mindset.  Maybe NVIDIA will think twice about trying to price gouge the 4060 and 4070 if they know they've got more competition biting at their heels.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

I hope the drivers improved significantly otherwise there's little point to buy it. But price seems fine if the performance claims can be backed up. 

Only annoying thing with the graph given is that they express the performance difference in percentages, which dosent really help if we don't know how the 3060 performed. I'd like to see it against the 6600xt since that'll probably be it's closest competitor

1 minute ago, Ryuikko said:

Only annoying thing with the graph given is that they express the performance difference in percentages, which dosent really help if we don't know how the 3060 performed. I'd like to see it against the 6600xt since that'll probably be it's closest competitor

6650XT. I think AMD doesn't really make many 6600XT's anymore so the price between these two is almost equal. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

29 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

6650XT. I think AMD doesn't really make many 6600XT's anymore so the price between these two is almost equal. 

It's weird. It's closer to 6700XT in EU. 

6000XT starts at 380€

6650XT at 425€

6700XT at 460€

The difference between 6600XT and 6650XT is not worth the price so you may as well grab 6700XT.

6600 starts at 320€ so A770 just have to beat that one to be good. 

Ship it! 😄 

I'd love to see how pricing goes lower down the stack, and when those of us with the discount vouchers from their earlier scavenger hunt can actually use them. Hope availability is worldwide too.

As of pricing vs competition, keep in mind Intel know there will be rough edges. Where it works, it'll work great, but there will be weak areas too. That is factored into the price. They just need to get going at all, even if it means not making a good profit in the short term. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

It actually looks interesting. All of it. Been wanting Intel to come into the market since Knight Landing as a dedicated GPU failed.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

It's weird. It's closer to 6700XT in EU. 

6000XT starts at 380€

6650XT at 425€

6700XT at 460€

The difference between 6600XT and 6650XT is not worth the price so you may as well grab 6700XT.

6600 starts at 320€ so A770 just have to beat that one to be good. 

That's not what I'm seeing on Amazon.de

6600XT 354Eur

6650XT 364Eur

6700XT 484Eur

6750XT 519Eur 

My local prices are higher than all of these tbh, but Amazon shipping is only 10 Euros. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

7 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

That's not what I'm seeing on Amazon.de

6600XT 354Eur

6650XT 364Eur

6700XT 484Eur

6750XT 519Eur 

My local prices are higher than all of these tbh, but Amazon shipping is only 10 Euros. 

I'm from Slovakia so I checked local pricing, Germany tends to be cheaper

@bal723 Merged into existing thread.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'm seriously considering one, especially at this price. It's really ironic, I'll have an all red gaming PC (Ryzen 5950X RX 6800XT) and an all blue server/browsing/NAS/transcode box (Xeon E3 1280V3 and A770).

Next on the list, an ARM based machine with a NVidia card?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

15 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I'm seriously considering one, especially at this price. It's really ironic, I'll have an all red gaming PC (Ryzen 5950X RX 6800XT) and an all blue server/browsing/NAS/transcode box (Xeon E3 1280V3 and A770).

arent the arc and old platforms has issues?

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

arent the arc and old platforms has issues?

Probably for gaming. There's also a pretty big chance that it'll get dropped into a different system; I'm going to get a new case, board, PSU, and SSD, and move my 5950X/6800XT into a new box, and put my 3900XT back in my SFF box, but I'll need a GPU. The 1280V3 might get retired soon, no way for me to set it up with 10G ethernet, and I'm aiming that way for upgrading.

3 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Probably for gaming. There's also a pretty big chance that it'll get dropped into a different system; I'm going to get a new case, board, PSU, and SSD, and move my 5950X/6800XT into a new box, and put my 3900XT back in my SFF box, but I'll need a GPU. The 1280V3 might get retired soon, no way for me to set it up with 10G ethernet, and I'm aiming that way for upgrading.

xeon moment

I could pull the Xeon out and drop my i5 4440 back in it... 😮 

2 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I could pull the Xeon out and drop my i5 4440 back in it... 😮 

same with it, but i love xeons myself so i would have xeon in mobo

Just now, bal723 said:

same with it, but i love xeons myself so i would have xeon in mobo

It's got twice the threads, with a base clock higher than the i5's boost clock, so yeah, it kept that machine gaming for 2 extra years.

I don't think I'm getting another Xeon for a long time, though. D:

2 minutes ago, Sarra said:

It's got twice the threads, with a base clock higher than the i5's boost clock, so yeah, it kept that machine gaming for 2 extra years.

I don't think I'm getting another Xeon for a long time, though. D:

its fine

10 hours ago, Sarra said:

I don't see the irony?

23 minutes ago, ouroesa said:

I don't see the irony?

I've actually never, ever, had an all AMD or all Intel system before, and now I'll have one of each? My dain is bramaged, leave me alone. 😧

On 9/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, WereCat said:

I hope the drivers improved significantly otherwise there's little point to buy it. But price seems fine if the performance claims can be backed up. 

^This

So far, Intel seems to be taking driver development seriously based on feedback. Obviously due to ensuring a good launch of Arc. The question remains how long they will keep up the momentum; because they have a quite a mountain to climb to get where Nvidia is at. In fact, AMD isn't even close to where Nvidia is too, but they're way head of Intel in that regard.

12 minutes ago, StDragon said:

^This

So far, Intel seems to be taking driver development seriously based on feedback. Obviously due to ensuring a good launch of Arc. The question remains how long they will keep up the momentum; because they have a quite a mountain to climb to get where Nvidia is at. In fact, AMD isn't even close to where Nvidia is too, but they're way head of Intel in that regard.

Intel does have igpu experience up the wazoo so not sure that it's a mountain or a hill

To be honest their igpu drivers seemed to always work for what they are