40" < screen for music production

adiariel

Hi there, im moving appartment and will change my setup

ive been looking on these options but wonder few stuff:

LG IPS: https://www.amazon.com/LG-43UN700-B-Display-Type-C-inputs/dp/B0821WWXV6 (this one is looking simple and nice, but a bit old model)

gigabyte 43" QLED: https://www.aorus.com/monitors/AORUS-FV43U/Key-Features (this one is very intresting cuse its also cheaper from the lg ips and its 144hz, (i might play games onece a month or somthing but with a gtx 1070, and its not the main concern , how is text in somthing like that vs the lg ips?

48" OLED: https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FO48U#kf (thinking about this one but is expansive and they say things with static lines like in daws will cuse burning, but they also say text is perfect on those screens😵💫)

id love for some input and suggestions

for now i have a samsung cheep 40" 4k lcd, and a 24" dell touchscreen on my desk, i found myself never use the tv becuse its not so clear and nice like a monitor.

i want to move this tv to other room and buy somthing that is 40" < to be used at closer distence to my desk and remove the 24 inch on the desk for some controllers..

image.thumb.png.927a44b0231f583aec891d382913448a.png

new wall mount for this iloud are on the way so i can move the desk about 1 meter closer to the tv

2 minutes ago, adiariel said:

LG IPS: https://www.amazon.com/LG-43UN700-B-Display-Type-C-inputs/dp/B0821WWXV6 (this one is looking simple and nice, but a bit old model)

A solid IPS option. The only key-feature is the 4-way PbP mode. Otherwise pretty overpriced.

gigabyte 43" QLED: https://www.aorus.com/monitors/AORUS-FV43U/Key-Features (this one is very intresting cuse its also cheaper from the lg ips and its 144hz, (i might play games onece a month or somthing but with a gtx 1070, and its not the main concern , how is text in somthing like that vs the lg ips?

This monitor also has a non-standard pixel layout, so text clarity isn't optimal. Still perfectly useable though. This one is your best option imo.

48" OLED: https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FO48U#kf (thinking about this one but is expansive and they say things with static lines like in daws will cuse burning, but they also say text is perfect on those screens😵💫)

OLED is always the best option in terms of raw picture quality. But your use case doesn't really need that. The risk of burn-in is pretty low when just using it as a media consumption display, but since you use it for music production i would recommend going LCD to avoid burn-in.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Honestly, a 4k TV with a fast game mode is fine when you just want a ton of pixels and you're not after a high refresh rate gaming display. I've been using a 43" TCL as my "general PC with occasional gaming" display for a couple years, the only annoyance is that the PC doesn't wake it up. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

This monitor also has a non-standard pixel layout, so text clarity isn't optimal. Still perfectly useable though. This one is your best option imo.

perfectly useable like my samsung tv or perfectly useable like my dell 24?😅

needfulboer

ive been using tv for a long time but in my work i have dual 27 ips monitors and its just way better, i want a good big pc screen.

3 hours ago, adiariel said:

perfectly useable like my samsung tv or perfectly useable like my dell 24?😅

needfulboer

ive been using tv for a long time but in my work i have dual 27 ips monitors and its just way better, i want a good big pc screen.

You're gonna use some scaling as even on such a big screen 100% windows scaling is just too damn small. As soon as you're using 125% or 150% scaling, most of the text issues will be gone. Then play around with clear-type a bit and you'll be good.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

hmm im left confused, on one hand you guys saying for this perpuse my samsung tv shuld be good enoght right? .

, if i want it to be closer to my dell i guess the ips it the way to go? but on the other hand that lg ips is very overpriced for what it gives..

ill ask that - the FV43U will be noticeably better than my tv?

maybe its the untiglare that i like? the tv is noot good enough

2 hours ago, adiariel said:

hmm im left confused, on one hand you guys saying for this perpuse my samsung tv shuld be good enoght right? .

, if i want it to be closer to my dell i guess the ips it the way to go? but on the other hand that lg ips is very overpriced for what it gives..

ill ask that - the FV43U will be noticeably better than my tv?

maybe its the untiglare that i like? the tv is noot good enough

It's kind of depending on your TV but in general, FV43U have exceptional image quality when comparing to older VA TV. Especially the one on budget. Compared to the old Samsung Q70t (or something, don't remember it anymore) for example, FV43U is a significant upgrade over that (I have tried both and ended up with FV43U currently.) 

Actually, the 144hz alone is already enough reason to upgrade. You might not need it per se but higher refresh rate do make everything look smoother and feel snappier, even if you don't plan to game on it.

It will probably have singificantly better colour, and colour coverage than any TV, very few monitors managed to beat it in term of colour but is but offset by poor viewing angle and response time.