0,14€/month .de -domain, 52€/month 16 core epic 7702, 64GB RAM, 3TB SSD, 0.25€ (setup, 0€/month) .de domain email adress

that_dude

Netcup has some nice offers: https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de

The usual .de domain for 14 cent/month with 2€ setup fee.

image.png.127773f846e7dd40899c1080ff78f1ba.png

RS Brezn is gone but they still have this server offering for 52€/month (approx. $50/month):

16 cores epic 7702

64GB RAM

3TB SSD storage

image.png.189f67576830e0e4145c0ef9b98e5d54.png

Stratos 0,25€ setup + 0€/month offer:

.de domain for the email adress (can't access the DNS/use it as domain)

1 webmaster email-adress

1 "user" email-adress

250MB storage

image.thumb.png.224bc0f02c0f89fcedfe529a1d270fb2.png

https://www.strato.de/mail4you/

You have to be careful with such deals.

For example for the domain for  0.14 euro a month, one should check what are the terms to have the domain released to use with another registrar or another hosting company. You may have to let them know with 30-60 days in advance you're planning to move it, or they may charge you 20-50 euro to transfer it, or they may charge 50-100% extra (above other registrars) to renew it.

Namecheap offers .de domains for 6.98$ for the first year, then renewal costs are 8.98$ a year. - so basically you pay 0.14 x 12 + 2 euro "setup" fee or 3.36 euro or 3.2$ a year for the domain, when you can get it with no strings or risks attached for 7$ ... is it worth a saving of around 50% or basically the price of a fast food dinner? I don't know.

250 MB for an email box is ridiculously small... and the fact that it's free after the 0.25 euro fee worries me. Sounds like they either hope most users will upgrade and pay 2-5 euro a year for more storage, or don't realize they're soon gonna be spammed by people checking stolen credit cards by paying that small amount...

@mariushm It's Netcup. If you don't know them you might still know Anexia which bought them a couple of years ago. Also Netcup is member of the DENIC.

There is no strings attached. You are the domain holder, price stays the same, full access to the DNS and can just request the auth code free of charge to move the domain.

For the 0,25€ it is Strato which is part of united internet (1&1, web.de, gmx, etc.).

Maybe first look at those companys before calling them garbage/accusing them of selling credit card information.

No, not accusing them of selling credit card information. You misunderstood me. 

I'm saying with those low prices, they're going to attract the "bad crowd", like people that steal credit cards and need a way to validate the cards, to check if they're reported stolen or not, and they will find that paying 0.25 euro for an email address will be a good enough way to validate the stolen credit card.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea who Netcup or Anexia is... I heard about 1&1 and gmx  and 1&1 had horrible reputation regarding customer service when it came to shared hosting last time I checked (several years ago).

I was saying IN GENERAL, when some companies offer such deals, you have to be wary of the reasons such deals exist.

In this particular case, it could be perfectly fine, not saying it isn't, for example it could be the cheap domain may simply be a loss leader, designed to attract customers to other services of theirs, like for example Costco in US sells rotisserie chicken super cheap, or hotdogs.