AMD Drivers keep crashing? - 6800XT

Aseliot

I've had this three times today.

- Screen completely freezes while in browser or in a game
- Restarting will sometimes just turn up a black screen, have to do it multiple times
- After restarting the AMD driver icon is gone and my second screen stops working

In device manager it says:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.
r/AMDHelp - AMD Drivers keep crashing? - 6800XT

Note that I have already taken numerous steps to ensure that Windows does not overwrite the driver through an update or anything (ie. in registry and group policies) so I don't think I have a lot of options left in that regard.

I've already done two complete reinstall with AMD driver cleaner and installed the WHQL driver but nothing works. I've had this issue before but not as severe as now. I have no idea what changed, I updated to Windows 11 a while ago but haven't had this problem for weeks and now it suddenly starts doing it again...

EDIT - Added some errors and xml log when I tried to install the driver...

Screenshot 2022-09-26 200916.png

log.xml

Huh I got working somehow now, restarted in safe mode then ran the cleanup. It failed the first time again showing the finished with errors (open errors in xml etc.). Then I did the restart, then started the cleanup again which automatically booted it into safe mode (which is previously did manually myself) and then ran it again and it showed success.

Then I manually removed the whole C/AMD folder and reinstalled the 22.9.1 with the reset option enabled (hidden in a dropdown element).

I also automatically undervolted the GPU and put CPU in eco mode in Ryzen Master.

Just played a game for a few minutes and it hasn't crashed yet, but it is maybe a little too early to say if this works. Just hoping it worked.