Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W & ROG-STRIX-RTX3070TI-O8G-GAMING

Dean0919

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
Just now, Dean0919 said:

It's too complicated for me to understand. Just can you give me simple yes or no if this power supply is capable to power on RTX 3070 strix with three 8 pins thing?

Yes. Your PSU comes with 2 cables, each cable has 2x 8-pin connectors (6+2). You need to use both on one cable, then one on the other.

Hello, I have a question: I have this power supply already Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W & I want to know if I buy this video card - ROG-STRIX-RTX3070TI-O8G-GAMING, will my power supply have enough cables for it? Because I see that this card needs 3 power cords like is shown in this screenshot:

image.thumb.png.42c10aaec5f6563efbf7aca36027cc87.png

But when I went on the website of my power supply I see such picture:

image.thumb.png.2bd068183f2cad342cb630ca6634b442.png

I see it's only 2 of such 8 pin ports there, so, I'm worried now, does my power supply have enough cables and power for this card?

My power supply isn't opened yet. I'm still waiting for CPU and GPU to start building the system.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Stinger™ Core Gaming Headset | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 11 64bit

Look at connector quantity. It lists 4 for PCI-E, and 9 for SATA. It's probably just a double-cable, on one plug going into the PSU. (did I get the correct answer? Did I get the "solved" thingy)

25 minutes ago, Jahee said:

Look at connector quantity. It lists 4 for PCI-E, and 9 for SATA. It's probably just a double-cable, on one plug going into the PSU. (did I get the correct answer? Did I get the "solved" thingy)

06_2.jpg

Sorry this is the right picture of PSU. I see it has three CPU/PCE-E connectors. As I understand one goes to CPU, right? And that video card needs 3? So, have this PSU enough connectors? It says quantity 4, but I don't understand how if there are only 3 holes for PCIE-E on the power supply.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Stinger™ Core Gaming Headset | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 11 64bit

49 minutes ago, Dean0919 said:

It says quantity 4, but I don't understand how if there are only 3 holes for PCIE-E on the power supply.

Because there are to daisy chained PCI-e cables with 2 connectors each. You have to connect one cable with 2 connectors and the other cable with one connector to the GPU. One connector is hanging around unused.

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Because there are to daisy chained PCI-e cables with 2 connectors each. You have to connect one cable with 2 connectors and the other cable with one connector to the GPU. One connector is hanging around unused.

It's too complicated for me to understand. Just can you give me simple yes or no if this power supply is capable to power on RTX 3070 strix with three 8 pins thing?

Just now, Dean0919 said:

Yes. Your PSU comes with 2 cables, each cable has 2x 8-pin connectors (6+2). You need to use both on one cable, then one on the other.

ITX & Ultrawide Enthusiast