Build clearance and general advice | SSUPD MESHLICIOUS

BORYSSEY
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZNLjLs

With a case that small, I'd be concerned about keeping a 12700kf AND a 3060ti cool, so I spec'ed a 12600kf. 12700kf still fits in your budget, but at the price difference, it's not a very good value, (€317 vs €470) and the 12600kf keeps your power budget more manageable. So unless you absolutely cannot afford to not have 12 cores vs 10, the 12600kf is a much better value in Portugal.

Budget (including currency): up to $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here is what I have in mind for my build:

motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-I gaming
graphics card Asus dual 3060ti 8gm mini v2
processor ryzen 5600x
memory corsair kit 16gb (2x8) DDR4 3200mhz vengeance lpx white
ssd samsung evo 970 plus 1tb
power supply Corsair SF750 platinum
Case SSUPD MESHLICIOUS mini-tx
Cooling arctic cooling liquid freezer ii-240

I've checked most of my components for clearance and everything is supposed to fit, but maybe someone with more experience can spot something that would need to be changed here?

Also, general advice for components is welcome, especially from SSUPD MESHLICIOUS owners.

EDIT: I have an idea to change the CPU to an intel one, since they will have a better upgrade path at the moment, but haven't researched that side much.

https://pt.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZNLjLs

With a case that small, I'd be concerned about keeping a 12700kf AND a 3060ti cool, so I spec'ed a 12600kf. 12700kf still fits in your budget, but at the price difference, it's not a very good value, (€317 vs €470) and the 12600kf keeps your power budget more manageable. So unless you absolutely cannot afford to not have 12 cores vs 10, the 12600kf is a much better value in Portugal.

This is a really good gaming set up. I wouldn't bother getting the Intel CPU in your shoes unless you expect to be upgrading very soon (which you should not need to do with those parts). The 5600X is going to be comparable to the 12400, and just about anything better is going to be GPU bound anyway. The only upgrade here I'd consider would be the 5700X if the price is super close.

One thing to note is that the Arctic Freezer II does fit in the case, but it is very tight. A good 280mm AIO is probably a better choice just for ease of build, ease of use, and good cable management for better airflow. The EK is a really popular and high performing choice. I would say to use the Arctic P14s if you go 280mm for fans though, they are cheap and as good or better than the Noctuas. You may want to consider the standoff mod for either or both the motherboard or the riser. You won't have room on the motherboard side for it with the Arctic Freezer II but you could do the riser side with that GPU for sure. You can also undervolt the AMD chips quite a bit and not really lose any performance, with good temperature improvement. Same with the 3060ti. It's worth looking into that even if you don't usually do any overclocking type of stuff.

That's really all I'd suggest hardware-wise... 5700X if the price is the same, or stick with the 5600X, and a more manageable 280mm AIO with those Arctic fans. Happy building!

On 9/26/2022 at 6:34 PM, BORYSSEY said:

Budget (including currency): up to $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Here is what I have in mind for my build:

motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-I gaming
graphics card Asus dual 3060ti 8gm mini v2
processor ryzen 5600x
memory corsair kit 16gb (2x8) DDR4 3200mhz vengeance lpx white
ssd samsung evo 970 plus 1tb
power supply Corsair SF750 platinum
Case SSUPD MESHLICIOUS mini-tx
Cooling arctic cooling liquid freezer ii-240

I've checked most of my components for clearance and everything is supposed to fit, but maybe someone with more experience can spot something that would need to be changed here?

Also, general advice for components is welcome, especially from SSUPD MESHLICIOUS owners.

EDIT: I have an idea to change the CPU to an intel one, since they will have a better upgrade path at the moment, but haven't researched that side much.

Hello there, I'm portuguese aswell (but I think I can't speak PT here, so I'll stick with ENG)

- At PCDIG@ you will find many great deals on pre-built gaming desktops that, with your budet, are significantly better that what you have chosen! 

For example: 

• Computador Desktop PCDIGA Gaming GML-CI512RH2 - 1699,00 €
    (i5-12600K + MSI RTX 3070 ventus)
  • Computador Desktop PCDIGA Gaming GML-AI712UJ2 Powered By Asus - 1990€
    (i7-12700KF + Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 V2 10GB)

Depending on how you build things out w/ coolers, I highly recommend doing the standoff mod.

Basically you leave the case in the 2 slot GPU config, but you slot the IO to be in the 3 GPU slot config and add stand offs to lift the board up to that height. It allows you to cable manage behind the board super easy.

With a 240 AIO this will work perfectly. 

I used the standoff on the far right to add to the existing and it lined up perfectly. Others fiddle stand offs for the graphics card as well, but I never found the need. I just lifted the board off with these to give the cable management room. 100% worth doing. 

71mfs5ZNj3L._AC_SL1200_.jpg