4K120 gamer - worth upgrading from 5600X?

Current specifications:

• AMD Ryzen 5600X
  • 32 GB DDR4-3600 (dual-channel)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (I'll be upgrading the 3080 next after the CPU)
  • Corsair RM850x (2018)

I game at 4K120 (using DLSS in Quality mode if DLSS is available).

Now that the reviews are out (LTT video), do you think it's worth upgrading from a 5600X (£280 in 2020) to:

• a 7600X (£320) (+ new motherboard and DDR5 RAM)
  • a 5800X3D (£415) (though I would wait for prices to inevitably drop now that Ryzen 7000 is out)

@kingmustard-- added some more here...

I second @emosunhere. Only if the current CPU is struggling. Also, AM5 requires new board. Most new boards are at least pushing if not requiring DDR5, meaning new RAM, meaning more cost. Also pushing, if not requiring PCIe4 storage, a further investment. Quite simply, my 5900X screams with DDR4-3200 and a PCIe3 M.2, so I don't see where all that is really necessary.

You really don't notice the speed increase above 3,500 mbps, and AM4 has been funny enough about RAM, I don't know if I'd want to open that can of worms with an entirely new standard without a lot of testing of kits.

A 5800X3D can probably use existing board and RAM without issue and I really don't see Zen4 being necessary or cost-effective for at least a few more years. Hell, my 5900X hasn't broken 5% CPU utilization since I've had it.

Don't count on price drops. Hasn't happened until recently and they certainly haven't been in the wake of any new releases in the past couple years.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!