1440p Build for under $2,000 US

Brandozer67

Budget (including currency): $2,000 USDA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Interested in 1440p gaming. Skyrim SE with 200+ mods, Fallout 4 with 200+ mods, Gta5 Fivem and Minecraft with realistic graphics. Interested in 1440p gaming.

Other details This won't be including mouse and keyboard, the cpu fan and ram have been given to me as gifts already.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jvbwjZ

Small note on the RAM. That specific RAM SKU of CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 does not show on the QVL list for that board. HOWEVER, it does list CMK64GX4M2C3200C16. Strangely enough though, Corsair lists that SKU as 64GB 2x32, while the QVL list shows it as 2 dual-rank 8GBs. So it seems this is a mistake and CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 is the correct SKU that should have been listed, but I would check with Gigabyte about this. Ryzens are quite funny about RAM -- ask me how I know.

Also, that CT2000P2SSD8 M.2 is not on the support list either, so it may work perfectly fine, but if you have issues, could be a factor.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Also, heavily modded games in these times might need above 16GB of RAM.

I edit my posts more often than not

That cooler isn't even close to sufficient, bump down to a 5700x if you have to use it.

The SSD is really quite bad, if you need a budget option swap it out for a SN570 or MP33.

You're going to want 32GB of RAM and something preferably from Crucial or G.Skill. 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, GuiltySpark_ said:

That cooler isn't even close to sufficient, bump down to a 5700x if you have to use it.

The SSD is really quite bad, if you need a budget option swap it out for a SN570 or MP33.

You're going to want 32GB of RAM and something preferably from Crucial or G.Skill. 

Thanks so much for the advise, i'll bump down to the 5700x and also switch the ssd to a SN570 2tb.