Jump to content

Any way to save money?

Budget (including currency): 500$

Country: Canada

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ganeral Use

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/G2xVC6

 

I need atleast 2 video ports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could save like $25 on the PSU, you don't need much a Corsair CXM450 will be good

 

But you got no storage in your build, reusing parts  ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 / RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

You could save like $25 on the PSU, you don't need much a Corsair CXM450 will be good

 

But you got no storage in your build, reusing parts  ?

yes im upgrading from a hp prodesk 600 g1 sff, so ill just use the hhd insidee it fror now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Budget (including currency): 500$

Country: Canada

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ganeral Use

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/G2xVC6

 

I need atleast 2 video ports

Should i build this pc?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the motherboard has the correct BIOS version for the GPU, it looks decent enough. Not too familiar with those output ports, but keep in mind that those 2 video ports aren't the same/got to have the correct connectors for the monitors.

 

If you intend to just clone the screen (less common, but did want to mention it), you can just get a splitter.

 

Also, IMO: true budget PC parts are bought used IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jahee said:

If the motherboard has the correct BIOS version for the GPU, it looks decent enough. Not too familiar with those output ports, but keep in mind that those 2 video ports aren't the same/got to have the correct connectors for the monitors.

 

If you intend to just clone the screen (less common, but did want to mention it), you can just get a splitter.

 

Also, IMO: true budget PC parts are bought used IMO.

First of all, what is imo? 

And second, cant you do a remote bios update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

First of all, what is imo? 

And second, cant you do a remote bios update?

 

IMO = In My Opinion

 

I don't know what you mean by "remote BIOS update." A BIOS update for basically any consumer motherboard is going to require putting the new BIOS file on a USB storage device and connected to the board. 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

First of all, what is imo? 

And second, cant you do a remote bios update?

In My Opinion
Not that I'm aware of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Middcore said:

 

IMO = In My Opinion

 

I don't know what you mean by "remote BIOS update." A BIOS update for basically any consumer motherboard is going to require putting the new BIOS file on a USB storage device and connected to the board. 

So you have to have a cpu connected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Middcore said:

 

IMO = In My Opinion

 

I don't know what you mean by "remote BIOS update." A BIOS update for basically any consumer motherboard is going to require putting the new BIOS file on a USB storage device and connected to the board. 

Don't forget that he probably needs to borrow a CPU that DOES work with the older BIOS version. (or I haven't looked @ pc hardware for too long)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

So you have to have a cpu connected?

Most boards require a currently compatible CPU to be installed, booting into the UEFI BIOS, and then running the update.

 

Some nicer boards can do the update just by pressing a button without the need to boot. 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Middcore said:

Most boards require a currently compatible CPU to be installed, booting into the UEFI BIOS, and then running the update.

 

Some nicer boards can do the update just by pressing a button without the need to boot. 

Ohh so if i dont have an am4 cpu that is compatible, i should get a board that is compatible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Idkwhattodowithmylife I have merged your 2 threads. Please keep to a single thread for the same question. No need to make new threads for the same thing. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Corsair HX1200 PSU

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×