My mom's computer screen just stopped working.

Inditorias
Go to solution Solved by Inditorias,

I had left in a SATA cable that was not connected to a drive (old 5400 rpm disk drive that died I removed but didn't fully unplug since everything was so tight), taking that out fixed it.  Why that was the problem no idea.

So my mom had her computer in sleep, left, came back, then it just would not wake up.  Rebooted it and now the screen won't come on.  No clue whats going on.  

Specs:

Intel Core i5-10400 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor

Noctua NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus PRIME B560M-A Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Samsung 870 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I had left in a SATA cable that was not connected to a drive (old 5400 rpm disk drive that died I removed but didn't fully unplug since everything was so tight), taking that out fixed it.  Why that was the problem no idea.

17 minutes ago, Inditorias said:

Keeping sata cables in the case, should never cause an issue. You probably bumped a different connector somewhere. I highly recommend double-checking all the cables and connectors. Because a regular bump might make it work now, but after another bump, it might not work again.

You didn't solve your own problem.

*EDIT: I forgot. Some SATA cables have metal clips, to keep the cable connected to a port. Having a piece of metal doing a whirlpool move inside the case, might actually brick it. But considering it isn't bricked, it's not the issue.

Edited by Jahee
See *EDIT: section.