MSPaint.exe design for a tripple tube reservoir + main parts list, yay or nay.

Recently started a topic about 3d printing, because I thought I couldn't go all-acrylic. Turns out, it's very affordable and doable. Here is my rough design created in MSPaint.exe. Exterior measurements are kinda to scale, although I could make those tubes longer. Have to do some measuring for that.

Transparent = caps

Blue = reservoir tube

Gray = stainless threaded rods

Red = ports

-Inlet: top-right side

-Outlet: bottom-right side

-Fill port: top-left

-Drain port: bottom-left

reservoir.png.6eb5a48c07f7653d6e58109cb37e2d06.png

unknown.png

Materials would be acrylic. I would use a hole saw to drill round slits in the acrylic blocks, to put rubber rings in. Using the stainless steel rods would then sandwich those tubes into place. I can either heat up some barbed hose fittings and push them in, or I could drill those ports to size and use glue to put those fittings in to connect flexible hoses to this system.

Optionally, I could maybe cut out some fancy text out of some tape, apply it to the main body blocks, and spray paint the blocks. Removing the tape would then show the transparent acrylic. If I'd for example salvage an aRGB fan, I could stuff those LED's into the acrylic from the back and have it light the darn thing up.

Looking for a good/bad idea response. And what I might want to add or what I've forgotten.

you know big reservoir has no effect on cooling right?

it only delays loop coolant heating up & cooling down

if you're to build this, you should also make sure they'll pass 0.5 bar pressure test

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow | AudioTechnica AD700 + iFi Zen Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

4 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

you know big reservoir has no effect on cooling right?

it only delays loop coolant heating up & cooling down

if you're to build this, you should also make sure they'll pass 0.5 bar pressure test

"I need this" for filling up a massive case. It's more for looks, then for actual performance.

I am going to try and use an AiO pump, to see if it can get enough liquid flow to keep a Ryzen 3600 cool enough. Trying to do things on a budget. (this is much more affordable then buying 3 tallboi reservoirs, and linking them up)

As a side-note: found rubber rings, and they are 4 mm thick. So I need to get 50 mm outer diameter/4 mm thick tubes, which are like 4 euro's more/2 meter. On a different website, they claim those tubes with 4 mm walls, are rated up to 10 bars. Considering the big blocks of acrylic and the 8 threaded rods, It might even hold up to those 10 bars.

*PS: considering the rads I tend to use (240 and 360 mm) with this big reservoir and only a 65 watt tdp CPU, I can imagine it just being to heatsoak all day long, and keep the fans @ idle during a long gaming session.

*EDIT: but that "weak"  AiO pump...

*EDIT V2: Fixed a few imp0rtant typ0's.