2060 super and i5 11400f 1080p bottleneck?

just wanted to make sure that the i5 11400f doesn't bottleneck the 2060 super at 1080p

it shouldn’t, the 2060 super is lower-middle end as far as modern GPUs go and the 11400f is reasonably capable. If you’re buying a new CPU and motherboard though definitely get a 12400f and b660 motherboard or perhaps a used Ryzen 5 5600x and used b550 motherboard, if you already have a motherboard that’s compatible with 11th gen CPUs and you are looking to get a new CPU I would cop a used 11700f on eBay. Just for longevity, because realistically the i5 of that gen is not a massive upgrade over a 10th or 11th gen i3 if you already have one.

thanks a lot.just wanted to make confirm that the 11400f is a decent choice. i might actually go for a used 11700f like you said on ebay since I only want to upgrade my gpu and CPU  (old one was a r5 1600af)

21 minutes ago, theofficialmo said:

thanks a lot.just wanted to make confirm that the 11400f is a decent choice. i might actually go for a used 11700f like you said on ebay since I only want to upgrade my gpu and CPU  (old one was a r5 1600af)

How are you going to upgrade your CPU without buying a new motherboard? The motherboard for your 1600AF can only work with Ryzen chips. Since you already have a Ryzen motherboard you should probably just upgrade your BIOS to a 5000 ready one and get an R5 5600(X). Then you can sell your 1600AF on eBay

ok I'm not being specific enough but I am aware of switching motherboards mb

ok I'm not being specific enough but I am aware of switching motherboards mb