I want to build my first gaming PC using these components (they're in my budget) I wan your opinion on my hardware options and potential tips

CPU: intel core i7 10700k

Motherboard: ROG Strix B560-f

RAM: GIGABYTE 16GB Aorus RGB DDR4 3333MHz 2x8GB

Storage: Samsung 970 evo (I will purchase a additional 1-2 TB drive in the near future)

PSU: Corsair 850W RM850x

AIO: castle 280ex (I'm planning to replace the fans with Noctua NF-A14 in the future)

Case: NZXT H510 flow

GPU: Either a ROG Strix RTX 3060 or 3070 (I'm gonna wait for their prices to drop and I'll chose the right one for me) or if the price is reasonable and it is in stock than a Noctua/Asus 3070

Additional case fans: 2x NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm

I'll configure the case with the AIO  on the front with the fans sucking in air though the mesh front panel and the dust filter and I'll have the 2x 120mm fans pushing air out of the        back and the top of the case. If you have any suggestions or tips I'll be thankful to read and consider them.

Its complicated. I'll get my CPU as a gift for my Birthday in january and I'll purchase the other parts. I'll actually purchase the RAM in 2 pieces, I'm gonna build the PC with 16GB and 3 months later I'll upgrade to 32GB with *the exact same model* of RAM. My budget for the PC not including the CPU is 1500€ and I live in Hungary

I'm not gonna do any overclocking and even if I wanted I think that my motherboard isn't even compatible for me so will it be better if I will buy a core i7 10700f?

The last 4 years has been a truly terrible time for anyone getting into PC hardware for the 1st time, or anyone looking for a long awaited significant upgrade.

GPU prices have been, and continue to be, terrible and we've been through some rather poor times for both RAM and PSU's.

The last 2 are pritty much over but GPUs are still requiring any buyer to also purchase a bucket load of ointment from their favorite proctologist.

IMO u can not get a used GPU for at least 25% (ideally more like 30%) less cost than what the new MSRP 'should' be , (not what it is), then your still being ripped off.

A 3070 MSRP 'should' be around $430, its currently at $500, with cheapest 'new' models going for $520.

Therefor i argue that you should be looking to get a used 3070 for at most $325, probably though more in the region of $300.

Looking at sold listings on US Ebay, they are still selling for around $400. Considering we are right at the end of the current generation, thats rather high.

We already know Nvidia stand point on prices, they are going to continue to push this new tier pricing, introduced with the 20 series, even further with 'effective' x70 cards being around $1000 depending on if ur consider the 12gb or 16 gb '4080' the effective xx70 card.

Considering the massive difference between the 4090 and 4080 16gb, and the Die being used, i'd consider the 16gb the xx70 and the gap not yet used to be where the xx80ti and xx80 should be. meaning the '4080 12gb' can be considered a XX60ti...at $900. Sounds absurd but if you look at past generations prior to 20 series, and the Dies used at each tier, and the spec gap between each tier ...its kinda sickening.

Anyway, IF you can get the 3070 at around $300, assuming the new 40 series card of that price (or AMD card) (probably wont even be one that cheap) isnt better performing. Then go for it.

Personally, i'd opt for 2x16gb 3600 or better RAM right of the bat since it should be relatively cheap.

For CPU, well a 12400f is significantly cheaper and performs on average slightly better than the 10700k at stock, so maybe consider getting that with a budget B660 board.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

An i5-12400 has similar gaming performance to the i7-10700K.

DDR4-3200 CL 16 tends to have better pricing. Buy a 2x8GB kit to eliminate any chance of dual channel and XMP issues.

Instead of Nzxt RGB fans I'd suggest A-RGB models compatible with the motherboard lighting. In the case of Gigabyte B560-F, RGB Fusion 2.0.

Consider an AMD GPU, usually better pricing.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

48 minutes ago, brob said:

An i5-12400 has similar gaming performance to the i7-10700K.

DDR4-3200 CL 16 tends to have better pricing. Buy a 2x8GB kit to eliminate any chance of dual channel and XMP issues.

Instead of Nzxt RGB fans I'd suggest A-RGB models compatible with the motherboard lighting. In the case of Gigabyte B560-F, RGB Fusion 2.0.

Consider an AMD GPU, usually better pricing.

Thanks for your opinion :D. I'll reconsider my fan option, and I already said in my post that I'm gonna be buying a 2x8GB of RAM. I'm still gonna think about my CPU option but I'm sure that I'll chose an Nvidia GPU because I use Permier for editing which supports and has a much better performance with Nvidia's Kuda cores.

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

The last 4 years has been a truly terrible time for anyone getting into PC hardware for the 1st time, or anyone looking for a long awaited significant upgrade.

GPU prices have been, and continue to be, terrible and we've been through some rather poor times for both RAM and PSU's.

The last 2 are pritty much over but GPUs are still requiring any buyer to also purchase a bucket load of ointment from their favorite proctologist.

IMO u can not get a used GPU for at least 25% (ideally more like 30%) less cost than what the new MSRP 'should' be , (not what it is), then your still being ripped off.

A 3070 MSRP 'should' be around $430, its currently at $500, with cheapest 'new' models going for $520.

Therefor i argue that you should be looking to get a used 3070 for at most $325, probably though more in the region of $300.

Looking at sold listings on US Ebay, they are still selling for around $400. Considering we are right at the end of the current generation, thats rather high.

We already know Nvidia stand point on prices, they are going to continue to push this new tier pricing, introduced with the 20 series, even further with 'effective' x70 cards being around $1000 depending on if ur consider the 12gb or 16 gb '4080' the effective xx70 card.

Considering the massive difference between the 4090 and 4080 16gb, and the Die being used, i'd consider the 16gb the xx70 and the gap not yet used to be where the xx80ti and xx80 should be. meaning the '4080 12gb' can be considered a XX60ti...at $900. Sounds absurd but if you look at past generations prior to 20 series, and the Dies used at each tier, and the spec gap between each tier ...its kinda sickening.

Anyway, IF you can get the 3070 at around $300, assuming the new 40 series card of that price (or AMD card) (probably wont even be one that cheap) isnt better performing. Then go for it.

Personally, i'd opt for 2x16gb 3600 or better RAM right of the bat since it should be relatively cheap.

For CPU, well a 12400f is significantly cheaper and performs on average slightly better than the 10700k at stock, so maybe consider getting that with a budget B660 board.

Thanks for all the amazing information ❤️ but in Hungary (where I live) even the used GPUs cost a lot more but I'll still try to find the cheapest option. For the RAM I'm planning to buy 2x8GB when I build the computer and in about 3 months later when I get more money I'll upgrade with 2x8GB more of the *exact same* RAM. And I'll see how the 12400f is priced in Hungary and if it is cheaper than the 10700k than I'll buy it. 

23 minutes ago, GGGregian said:

Thanks for your opinion :D. I'll reconsider my fan option, and I already said in my post that I'm gonna be buying a 2x8GB of RAM. I'm still gonna think about my CPU option but I'm sure that I'll chose an Nvidia GPU because I use Permier for editing which supports and has a much better performance with Nvidia's Kuda cores.

I took "I'll actually purchase the RAM in 2 pieces" to mean a purchase of separate one piece kits.

I must of missed the mention of Premiere in prior posts. Certainly Nvidia makes a difference in that software.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.