Pc on but no display

Crsck

I turned my pc on to no display today and tried almost everything, cleaned ram, cleaned gpu, cleaned cpu, checked usb ports and used new cords to check, used another monitor, new cmos and reset cmos, and still no display anyone have any ideas?

I also attempted to remove one at a time ram sticks and still nothing.

Pc Specs

X470 gaming plus

amd ryzen 2600x

msi 3060 ti

evga 750w psu

corsair vengeance 3200 mhz ram

1 hour ago, Crsck said:

I turned my pc on to no display today and tried almost everything, cleaned ram, cleaned gpu, cleaned cpu, checked usb ports and used new cords to check, used another monitor, new cmos and reset cmos, and still no display anyone have any ideas?

I also attempted to remove one at a time ram sticks and still nothing.

Pc Specs

X470 gaming plus

amd ryzen 2600x

msi 3060 ti

evga 750w psu

corsair vengeance 3200 mhz ram

Aside from the normal fist steps:  “is it plugged in” and “have you turned it off and on” Do you have a spare known good video card lying around?  Doesn’t have to be a good one.  Just enough to make the screen work.  If so, try it and see what happens.  Also if there are any beeps or POST lights it would be useful to know.  If you don’t, but do have another computer or even a phone you could pull the video card, making the machine headless, telnet in and take a look that way

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Aside from the normal fist steps:  “is it plugged in” and “have you turned it off and on” Do you have a spare known good video card lying around?  Doesn’t have to be a good one.  Just enough to make the screen work.  If so, try it and see what happens.  Also if there are any beeps or POST lights it would be useful to know.  If you don’t, but do have another computer or even a phone you could pull the video card, making the machine headless, telnet in and take a look that way

So i actually did do that after making that post. i recently got my 3060 upgraded from a 1060 but the 1060 still won't work, no display. No beeping or sounds are coming from my board as while so i am beyond lost here.

3 minutes ago, Crsck said:

So i actually did do that after making that post. i recently got my 3060 upgraded from a 1060 but the 1060 still won't work, no display. No beeping or sounds are coming from my board as while so i am beyond lost here.

That implies your 3060 is possibly fine and the problem is elsewhere. Maybe some weird deep in the guts of windows thing, or a problem with your motherboard.  Next step is try a known good one of those perhaps.  If that doesn’t help maybe a known good and more powerful PSU. Seems less likely though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

54 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That implies your 3060 is possibly fine and the problem is elsewhere. Maybe some weird deep in the guts of windows thing, or a problem with your motherboard.  Next step is try a known good one of those perhaps.  If that doesn’t help maybe a known good and more powerful PSU. Seems less likely though.

Honestly I don't have another motherboard to check it and i'm kinda worried that is the problem but all the lights still work on it could that mean it's still the issue and my old psu is 450 so i'm also scared of putting that in lol.

if it don't post it is GPU/RAM/Mainboard issue usually. 

has bios been updated latly?. tried resetting bios settings? 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

if it don't post it is GPU/RAM/Mainboard issue usually. 

has bios been updated latly?. tried resetting bios settings? 

I tried to and sadly it didn't work i held my reset cmos button down for about 10 seconds too and still nothing 

there is also now a red light on the board next to the VGA any idea or is that normal for a x470 board. I may have been there before and i didn't realize it

26 minutes ago, Crsck said:

there is also now a red light on the board next to the VGA any idea or is that normal for a x470 board. I may have been there before and i didn't realize it

that would be the diagnose  LED's.. check your mainboard manual what it is having an issue with. Red might be CPU. 

13 minutes ago, Robchil said:

that would be the diagnose  LED's.. check your mainboard manual what it is having an issue with. Red might be CPU. 

Will do thank you my CPU light does turn on then turns off which is normal because i have seen that before