34inch ultrawide anti glare hood or screen?

Srnewbee

I work in a brightly lit environment and my monitor is a bit too reflective. I want to eliminate these reflections and glares. What do you guys recommend: a monitor hood or an anti reflective film? Any other possible resolutions are welcomed. 

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

1 hour ago, Srnewbee said:

I work in a brightly lit environment and my monitor is a bit too reflective. I want to eliminate these reflections and glares. What do you guys recommend: a monitor hood or an anti reflective film? Any other possible resolutions are welcomed. 

Hoods work better.  They’re big and black and obnoxious though.  Kinda like one of those giant zoom lenses on cameras that say “I’z a real photogaffer now!”  Might depend on who you are projecting an image to and how big the room is.  Seriously.  Your monitor will go from an inch thick to a foot thick. Or more. And they’re as black as can be arranged.  Very room dominating.  I can see how one might be worth it in some situations even if they didn’t work.  I’m sort of surprised they didn’t beat out rgb.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.