Computer Turn On And Off Then Loads into Recovery Screen

Edarti

I have a GTX 970 and it turns on and off my computer then boots into the recovery screen. This only happens when I have the Nvidia GTX 970 drivers installed. When they are not installed the GPU does load into windows but the GPU does not show as a display adapter nor does it show in task manager.

I also have a RX 6600 and the computer works perfectly fine when it is installed.

image.jpg

970 is an old card, but the mining crunch did weird things to gpu prices.  There are people with new machines that put those in.  if your machine is really really old or really really new it could matter.  There are vanishingly few problems in troubleshooting that do not end up requiring specs, and it can radically shorten the process because it can show or rule out things quickly.

It’s not impossible the driver for the 970 you have is corrupt.  Might try redownloading it and see if it still does this. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.