6600 or 3050?

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Rx6600 all the way here. Its flat out better.

No reason for the 3050 since you arent going to use its exclusive features

Planning on buying a new gpu in the future, which one should I pick?

My favorite games are DBD, R6S and OVERWATCH.

Input latency is important in the last two so 3050 has an edge thanks to reflex, however, since 6600 just has a big raw performance advantage, couldnt it be negated with a proper fps cap?

As far as I understand, 6600 supports ray tracing(doesn't really matter I don't play SP games)

Also I have a 1200p(16:10) 60 hz monitor so maybe 3050 makes more sense because of software since there's no reasonable pointto go above 120 frames??

Are there any reasons to go for 3050 if not for the DLSS and other crap?

6600 hands down.

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

That's what I'm thinking. Input latency can be superiour to Nvidia reflex with a proper fps cap so yeah

Does anyone know if I can record with AMD same way as I can with nvidia? Not the instant replay just the usual good ol recording

Since your debating the 3050 I’m assuming your max limit for a card is closer to $300. At that price point you can get a 6650xt! Which is worlds better than both of the 6600 and 3050…two links provided are for a $308 MSI 6650xt and a $320 XFX speedster merc 319 6650xt!

msi is same day and the xfx is next day shipped!

MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6650 XT 128-bit 8GB GDDR6 DP/HDMI Dual Torx 4.0 Fans FreeSync VR Ready OC Graphics Card (RX 6650 XT Gaming X 8G) https://a.co/d/bY3vDHJ

Limited-time deal: XFX Speedster QICK308 Radeon RX 6650XT Ultra Gaming Graphics Card with 8GB GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP, AMD RDNA 2 RX-665X8LUDY https://a.co/d/esbtwnf

18 minutes ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

Does anyone know if I can record with AMD same way as I can with nvidia? Not the instant replay just the usual good ol recording

Sure, it's call Radeon ReLive and it also have instant replay function.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

OBS just smacks Nvidia Shadow Play across the yard all day, especially in high-paced action games. Shadow Play looks good on RTS, RPGs and somewhat racing, but for fast paced FPSs, still nothing beats OBS.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | EVGA CLC 280 RGB | AsRock B450M Steel Legend |

| 2x8GB A-Data 3200MHz CL16 | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 4TB WD Caviar Black+250GB Samsung Evo 870 Cache | Deepcool Matrexx 70 |

9 minutes ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

You can from recent tests amd is basically on the same level of quality now as nvidia

2 minutes ago, Ryanlcarpenter said:

Since your debating the 3050 I’m assuming your max limit for a card is closer to $300. At that price point you can get a 6650xt! Which is worlds better than both of the 6600 and 3050…two links provided are for a $308 MSI 6650xt and a $320 XFX speedster merc 319 6650xt!

msi is same day and the xfx is next day shipped!

MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6650 XT 128-bit 8GB GDDR6 DP/HDMI Dual Torx 4.0 Fans FreeSync VR Ready OC Graphics Card (RX 6650 XT Gaming X 8G) https://a.co/d/bY3vDHJ

Limited-time deal: XFX Speedster QICK308 Radeon RX 6650XT Ultra Gaming Graphics Card with 8GB GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP, AMD RDNA 2 RX-665X8LUDY https://a.co/d/esbtwnf

I don't have money right now, also I'm from eastern europe anyway. Thanks anyway I guess

2 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

OBS just smacks Nvidia Shadow Play across the yard all day, especially in high-paced action games. Shadow Play looks good on RTS, RPGs and somewhat racing, but for fast paced FPSs, still nothing beats OBS.

I'd prefer software that I don't have to launch everytime

Well... you can always let it launch itself at system start-up just like the Nvidia's software does w/o asking you.

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 4TB WD Caviar Black+250GB Samsung Evo 870 Cache | Deepcool Matrexx 70 |

Just now, QuantumSingularity said:

Well... you can always let it launch itself at system start-up just like the Nvidia's software does w/o asking you.

I use GF experience for other things as well, it's just convenient to have all those things in one place. Besides you can disable it ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ

19 minutes ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

Whoops answered the wrong question first, my bad. I actually prefer the Radeon Relive software for just recording my gameplay clips, it’s extremely simple to setup with a webcam. For streaming though I prefer streamlabs over obs as I’m not familiar with how everything works and it’s simpler to get going. Twitch studios is also really simple, but have been having issues with it picking up my webcam in certain games.

Card wise the encoder in the new Radeon cards has been just fine for me using a Razor Kiyo webcam. Right now I’m using a R9 3900x/RX 6900xt Merc 319 gaming at 1440p 165hz while streaming at 1080p/30-60fps. I had been running a 12700k/Ftw3 Ultra 3080 at 4k 144hz streaming at 1080p 30fps. At 4k (last December) I only had a gigabyte 6800xt gaming OC to compare my 3080 too. I felt stupid choosing the 3080 over the 6800xt but in Pubg it stuttered less in the initial drop so it won out.

Looks like you've already made up your mind on an Nvidia GPU and try to justify it. If so just get it, if not there are TONS of other BETTER programs than what nvidia provides you with. In that tier of GPUs RT and DLSS aren't really a thing since you'll be running 1080p so AMD is actually a viable choice.

2 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Looks like you've already made up your mind on an Nvidia GPU and try to justify it. If so just get it, if not there are TONS of other BETTER programs than what nvidia provides you with. In that tier of GPUs RT and DLSS aren't really a thing since you'll be running 1080p so AMD is actually a viable choice.

No lol? I'm actually thinking about getting 6600 because it's a better deal. Stop being biased if someone is being rational