My wife vetoed my plan

mynameGeoff

Thanks to Govee for sponsoring today's video! Check out the lights featured below!
Govee Glide Hexa Lights:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3QZZvDz ($20 Coupon + $40 off code: GOVEEGAM)
Govee: https://bit.ly/3f3Sg05

Govee Glide Wall Lights:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3BXoHq7 ($20 Coupon)
Govee: https://bit.ly/3BXXKT4

Govee RGBIC Neon Lights:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xF5tmw ($30 Coupon)
Govee: https://bit.ly/3BXpQhp

Govee Lyra Floor Lamp:
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3dAoMXq
Govee: https://bit.ly/3R1ZU8r

Unlisted? Are we?

In Youtube I mean.

I edit my posts more often than not

10 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Unlisted? Are we?

In Youtube I mean.

The forum thread seem to usually go up a few minutes before the video is made public.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Did Linus put on lipstick and eyeliner for the server room portion, or is he always wearing that and the lighting in that room just makes it super obvious?

17 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Can you explain in more detail why you cant because of anti-cheat?

A lot of anticheat software are specifically capable of detecting whether if you are running the game in a VM. There are ways around them, but it becomes a bit of an arms-race as each side tries to beat the other.

All of Linus's indignation about bad interior painting and that shameful situation around the window trim goes unaddressed. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Does anyone remember what type of desk they're using? I remember the Updesk was mentioned in one of their previous videos but I cannot buy anything from the Updesk website.

2 hours ago, johnb32xq said:

watched this video about 2 hours ago now getting govee sponsered ads on my facebook timeline

You think your browser usage and searches aren't tracked? That's half of the stupid 'cookies' they're so insistent about. Corporate America has ruined everything, even the InterNet. Ads are annoying enough, but I understand they have bills to pay, but I do not like the idea of anyone writing data to my computer just because I want to access their website. Personally, I think website cookies should be illegal. I don't care if they make loading faster. What's more, McAfee can't seem to just remove this crap without annoying me with stupid pop-ups before proceeding.

Interesting related bit, I live with a relative who is not that tech savvy and very simplistic in their InterNet usage. Since they started doing more online, I have started getting bombarded with spam emails about things only they would be searching for online. My guess is, everybody's wifi is being data-mined for search history (and who knows what else) and the data is being sold to marketing companies. Which may explain the emails, but it's ridiculous to spam an email address just because it used a particular wifi access point. That, too, should be illegal. I wonder just how much money companies waste on these ads that hardly anyone ever clicks on.

On top of this, a few years ago, this relative mentioned a deal on Kias verbally but face-to-face, not over the phone, and Facebook was showing me ads before I even had a chance to even Google Kia. The data-mining bit might explain that, too, but I kind of think either Flakebook is in bed with Google to have Assistant listen to everything and feed them data for 'more relevant' ads (as if I even wanted to see them), or Flakebook tracks your browsers to spam anyone at that location, not just the person who accessed the information. This is why I run a VPN, and considering using my cellular as a modem, but it's too late, the horse is out of the barn on that one unless I get a new email address, which I don't want to do.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

You think your browser usage and searches aren't tracked? That's half of the stupid 'cookies' they're so insistent about. Corporate America has ruined everything, even the InterNet. Ads are annoying enough, but I understand they have bills to pay, but I do not like the idea of anyone writing data to my computer just because I want to access their website. Personally, I think website cookies should be illegal. I don't care if they make loading faster. What's more, McAfee can't seem to just remove this crap without annoying me with stupid pop-ups before proceeding.

Interesting related bit, I live with a relative who is not that tech savvy and very simplistic in their InterNet usage. Since they started doing more online, I have started getting bombarded with spam emails about things only they would be searching for online. My guess is, everybody's wifi is being data-mined for search history (and who knows what else) and the data is being sold to marketing companies. Which may explain the emails, but it's ridiculous to spam an email address just because it used a particular wifi access point. That, too, should be illegal. I wonder just how much money companies waste on these ads that hardly anyone ever clicks on.

On top of this, a few years ago, this relative mentioned a deal on Kias verbally but face-to-face, not over the phone, and Facebook was showing me ads before I even had a chance to even Google Kia. The data-mining bit might explain that, too, but I kind of think either Flakebook is in bed with Google to have Assistant listen to everything and feed them data for 'more relevant' ads (as if I even wanted to see them), or Flakebook tracks your browsers to spam anyone at that location, not just the person who accessed the information. This is why I run a VPN, and considering using my cellular as a modem, but it's too late, the horse is out of the barn on that one unless I get a new email address, which I don't want to do.

Im not bothered by the ads was only saying lol, i know its tracked etc, im actually looking into getting some govee lights so kinda liked this video 

17 minutes ago, johnb32xq said:

Im not bothered by the ads was only saying lol, i know its tracked etc, im actually looking into getting some govee lights so kinda liked this video 

*Forrest Gump voice*

And that's well and good, but it's a real pain in the butt-tocks to get spammed from someone else's search his-tory. And that's all I have to say... 'bout that. 🤣

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Linus should probably invest in some chair mats to protect them floors

Ah man, I didn't know the forum had this. I just wrote a forum post about the KVM usb issue. The forum post is here:

Feel free mods to delete my other thread if you think it should have just been here.

The gist of my post:

An alternative to solve the KVM swapping issue would be to use something like an ESP8266 and ESPHome software to emulate a keyboard and connect it to the HID port on the KVM. Then just integrate it into ESPHome. You could then control it via Home Assistant to control the toggle between PC1 and PC2.

There is also other alternatives such as arduino or pi pico and different methods of controlling it such as a basic webserver. It achieves the same goal at a fraction of the price and is probably more reliable then other methods due to the simplicity (non complex protocols).

ESP8266 Keyboard Emulator Guide

ESPHome Intergration guide for Home Assistant

I guess this post is more to bring attention to the LTT crew about an alternative then needing to go down the HDMI and USB over ethernet.

JFC how much did these blinky LED light guys pay for their sponsored content, they get like 1/3 to 1/2 of the videos time. And IMHO the constant forth and back ruins the interesting remote monitor/KVM topic.

Any chance there's a link for the desk tops? I've been looking for a solid wood butcher block type desk top for a custom desk build

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 6:14 PM, iamthepat said:

Any chance there's a link for the desk tops? I've been looking for a solid wood butcher block type desk top for a custom desk build

Most people just get butcher block counter tops from IKEA, most YouTubers have the karlby top and use alex drawers from ikea to make their desk.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/butcher-block-countertops-46457/

• 1 year later...

Whats the fiber box called you used? And I guess did you find something better? I kind of want to do the same thing but I'm not sure how hook up fiber to my PC's And how many runs Do you need.