what kind of cooling do i need for a i7 12700 non-k

Go to solution Solved by danomicar,

yeah i think that the 240mm will be more than enough. 360MM is definitely overkill unless you are planning on having this thing loaded 24/7.

My corsair 240mm h100i came with thermal compound pre-applied and works really well keeping my 5800x3d below 60c even under heavy loads. 

I just want a cooler that will not make the i7 throttle even during synthetic loads so I figured that the link would get the job done but I just want to check if it actually gets the job done, I will not be using the stock ILM of 12th gen and will be using link thermal paste and just for anyone saying that a 360 AIO would be better, you would be wrong

pls anyone that has an idea of the thermals reply and the ambient temp is usually 40 degrees celsius in summers

and for anyone thinking that I just built a pc, u would be right but this pc is for a friend

It might be enough.

360mm would be better, but up to you.

I edit my posts more often than not

yeah i think that the 240mm will be more than enough. 360MM is definitely overkill unless you are planning on having this thing loaded 24/7.

My corsair 240mm h100i came with thermal compound pre-applied and works really well keeping my 5800x3d below 60c even under heavy loads. 

8 minutes ago, danomicar said:

a 5800x3d draws a max of 100watts compared to the max of i7 at 150ish but maybe the thinner die on alder lake and the 40 degrees headroom make up for that but the pressure distribution on ryzen is good compared to intel's trash ILM but what is ur ambient temp?