steam refusses to open

Logicjunkie520

Go to solution Solved by Logicjunkie520,

so kinda fixed it what i did is took the install from another pc and replaced my systems folder and it worked for a bit but after a reboot it was upset about permissions so i just went in and recorrected the perms table and for now its working now mind you all my games are installed in separate drives so for some you might need to manually extract your games

so lastnight i tried to open stem and it reported as quarintined by widows so i unistaled and now evertime i try to launch it says it cant run on this pc and to find a compatible version by the publisher i have unistaled and downloaded the latest installer multiple times and it will not open

Screenshot 2022-09-24 104406.png

and its weird i didnt install anything new i was just browsing steam the other night

im on win 11 iv tried running compatibility mode in win 8 and widows refuesses to open steam

im scared my only option is to reinstall widows and for obious reseason if its a win error i cant use my restore point since i back up my entire windows disk

so kinda fixed it what i did is took the install from another pc and replaced my systems folder and it worked for a bit but after a reboot it was upset about permissions so i just went in and recorrected the perms table and for now its working now mind you all my games are installed in separate drives so for some you might need to manually extract your games