My new PC Monitor

lbxplaycatYT
Go to solution Solved by ItsASpider,

You want a 4K OLED 144Hz monitor? You're gonna have to come back in a few years. Closest to that as far as I'm aware is 4K OLED 120Hz, and then we're talking about 48" screens from LG. And it begs the question: what is your budget?

I am going to build my first good computer when am5 and 40 series cards coming out and I was going to get 3 monitors and I chose this one but I can't find a desk mount cuz I don't own this house I'm going to get the Odyssey G7 Gaming but Im open to suggestions that what I found the lazy but I wanna hear some voice of tech reason I want a oled 4k monitor with 144hz refresh rate if someone can find one of those that would be cool 

41 minutes ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

I am going to build my first good computer when am5 and 40 series cards coming out and I was going to get 3 monitors and I chose this one but I can't find a desk mount cuz I don't own this house I'm going to get the Odyssey G7 Gaming but Im open to suggestions that what I found the lazy but I wanna hear some voice of tech reason I want a oled 4k monitor with 144hz refresh rate if someone can find one of those that would be cool 

So it’s 3 monitors OR the g7 or 3 g7 s?  There are 3 monitor stands for desks. They’re generally kind of big so they often need to be screwed in though. Sacrifices a desk not a building though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You want a 4K OLED 144Hz monitor? You're gonna have to come back in a few years. Closest to that as far as I'm aware is 4K OLED 120Hz, and then we're talking about 48" screens from LG. And it begs the question: what is your budget?

On 9/23/2022 at 5:10 AM, Studio384 said:

What's that

On 9/23/2022 at 12:34 AM, Bombastinator said:

So it’s 3 monitors OR the g7 or 3 g7 s?  There are 3 monitor stands for desks. They’re generally kind of big so they often need to be screwed in though. Sacrifices a desk not a building though.

Can you link the stands 

1 hour ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

Can you link the stands 

I never looked specifically. I would likely go eBay, Amazon, alibaba if I did though.  You may have prime in which case Amazon may have shipping advantages.  

There a 3 general types I know of, though someone may have thought of something clever.  I haven’t looked in a while.  They’re generally

1.) freestanding.  They’re generally a bit more expensive but can be used with anything without marring it.  They go behind the desk, or for little ones, on top of it.  For the floor ones there is generally a bit of extra space behind the desk for the mount. There are also possible width issues as the way they generally work is they have long legs that protrude forward which can have issues with the desk that goes over them)

2.) some kind of clamp.  They can be unreliable.  It depends a lot on the desk, and

3.) screw in.  They generally have some sort of collet you put on in place of a clamp and screw to the desk.  It can be a ring or an L bracket. The Often clamp on ones are simply sold with a collet as well.

There are no joke hundreds of designs for various mounts.  They’re all VESA mount, and they all have a weight rating so you need to know what the monitors weigh generally.  There are 3 sizes of VESA.  You can buy an adaptor plate to go from larger to smaller generally though.

If the things articulate vertically they work a bit like office chairs.  Spring and pistons.  Those tend to be a good deal more expensive and have very limited weight ratings.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.