Need a laptop for live streaming

Hi Everyone,

I am in charge of running live streams for sports games for my high school and we want to replace our old laptop. I am looking for something around $800-$1000, it will be running OBS and taking in multiple usb capture cards. HDMI out and Thunderbolt would be nice for extra connectivity. an ethernet port would also be a plus. I will be plugged in all the time so battery life is not a concern and I would also like a big screen. I've looked around but im not really sure which specs are important for my application. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I'd say an HP Victus with 3050ti and 12500H would be a good choice, being able to use nvenc for the streaming. While it doesn't have thunderbolt, it does have type C DP 1.4, and HDMI out, and Ethernet, and has a few USB type A as well. They usually run about 800-900usd. Memory can be upgraded to 16gb, maybe 32.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-victus-15-6-gaming-laptop--intel-core-i5-12500h-8gb-memory--nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-ti--512gb-ssd-mica-silver/6511228.p?skuId=6511228

Maybe take a look at msi katana GF66. Its easier to upgrade that model than HP victus. And it runs cool. I have an HP pavillion 15 and it's a pain in the arse to change the thermal paste. 

26 minutes ago, AnewUser3021 said:

Maybe take a look at msi katana GF66. Its easier to upgrade that model than HP victus. And it runs cool. I have an HP pavillion 15 and it's a pain in the arse to change the thermal paste. 

Why are you changing the thermal paste on a thin and light laptop, at best, with it's whimpy fans (I have one) you might be able to get

2-3C cooler. 

5 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Why are you changing the thermal paste on a thin and light laptop, at best, with it's whimpy fans (I have one) you might be able to get

2-3C cooler. 

Well no. It's not a thin and light laptop. It's a gaming one. With it's cpu on 100 degrees Celsius all time when gaming. I decide to change the thermal paste and that brought it down to 80~ degrees celsius. 

8 hours ago, AnewUser3021 said:

Well no. It's not a thin and light laptop. It's a gaming one. With it's cpu on 100 degrees Celsius all time when gaming. I decide to change the thermal paste and that brought it down to 80~ degrees celsius. 

Cool cool. With the Victus they did a big upgrade to the cooling over the Pavilion Gaming. The 3050ti in mine never goes above like 70, and the 5800H as long as there is room for air to freely enter will stay low 80s under full load.