Dooode why every gaming microphone out there seem to be built for studio quality for the best all around content creating experience...

orate.cl

Wheres a directional point to face hear nothing but my voice for gaming...

All the "good" microphones offer the most sensible hear all microphone which I HATE MAN, its there a quality solution for point to face and hear nowhere but that direction microphone?

tyvm in advance.

you would only have this issue if whatever software you're using doesn't know how to tell the difference between voice and background noise.

You just need to have the mic close to your mouth and turn down the recording volume. There are styles of microphone that are better at rejecting background noise, such as headset style mics (e.g. Antlion ModMic) or dynamic mics (e.g. Behringer XM8500), but they'll still pick up a bunch of background noise if you don't have them near your mouth. Even condenser microphones, basically the worst case scenario, will pick up barely any background noise if they're tuned for being 10 cm from your mouth.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Many but its half about the mic, half about the setup. There are many ways to cut down on background noise from simple/cheap methods built into Nvidia Broadcast to setting up a proper gate. I use a PreSonus Revelator Dynamic and once setup, picks up nothing in the background unless its quite loud.

There are different TYPES of microphone.  Forget figuring out brand, first you need to identify what TYPE of microphone is best suited to your usage needs.  Dynamic?  Condenser?  Ribbon?

After that, THEN you can start comparing brands/features.  And don't forget windscreens and other things that you may need for ideal functionality.

I've wondered this myself. Desktop microphones should be directional but they aren't, unless you get a TRS cardioid mic and use it with a studio type audio interface.

Same issue with webcams. Why are they wide angle? We need narrow angle not wide angle. The vast majority of people aren't moving around their room while talking on a webcam

4 minutes ago, thejackalope said:

I've wondered this myself. Desktop microphones should be directional but they aren't, unless you get a TRS cardioid mic and use it with a studio type audio interface.

Some microphones are directional but you can't escape physics, some audio will be picked up in proximity unless you filter for it. A simple noisegate helps with this immensely and is a common part of a microphone setup. 

Just talking off-axis on my PreSonus drops how much of my voice is picked up significantly. You've really got to be right up on top of it to get the best result and this is the nature of a dynamic vocal mic. Add in a noisegate in software and maybe even some Nvidia background suppression in OBS, if I even turn my head to cough/sneeze, nothing is picked up.

Its all in the setup.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:41 AM, orate.cl said:

All the "good" microphones offer the most sensible hear all microphone which I HATE MAN, its there a quality solution for point to face and hear nowhere but that direction microphone?

tyvm in advance.

A super directional microphone mounted on your desk isn't a great solution either, because the moment you move off axis, people stop being able to hear you. Go ahead and try a shotgun microphone for this and report back. I have a pretty good guess as to what the results will be.

The best solution is a headset / lavalier type microphone. The DPA ones are the gold standard but expensive. Some of the Sennheiser and Countryman ones are a little cheaper.

Thanks for all the replys, I dont really have any limit on price but i dont like really heasets I want a desktop one.

8 hours ago, lw88 said:

No budget? Want a great mic without going stupid expensive like a $16k neumann mic?

Shure sm7b
M-audio air 192x4

Rode PSA1 arm

allright allright you win xD, 200bucks budget

The usual solutions are directional mics (shotgunmic) and/or noise cancelling softwre (RTX Voice, RNNoise, etc.)

If you're REALLY worried about it, I've heard good things about the mic built into the Sony XM5 headphones, though that might be a little pricey.

I have a Blue Yeti, a cheepo boomstick arm and use RNNoise. It works pretty well. I've had tests where a loud car or airplane goes by and the person on the other end couldn't hear it. Keys do still get picked up a bit though. There ARE some legitimate arguments FOR membrane keyboards still (I'm using Topre, which is relatively quiet and pseudo-mechanical but they went from like $220 to $400ish during COVID). Same goes for scissor switch keyboards.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2020/02/stuff-mechanical-why-your-next-keyboard-should-be-a-scissor-switch/

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

On 9/22/2022 at 12:41 PM, orate.cl said:

tyvm in advance.

Samson q2u and the audio Technica ath2005 is what your looking for. They are dynamic mics budget and take USB as well xlr. Cheap and sensible. There are better more expensive options but get one of these and a mic stand and your basically set. What your complaining about is probably stuff like a blue yeti or the razer mics which are all condenser mics which pick up wall reflections, noise , and your keyboard  much easier