PC keeps randomly crashing (0x00000133 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff801160fb320)

Azizo
Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,
On 10/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, The Hope said:

Unix-like operating systems are usually much more stable than windows, so that's also an option.

The following systems are very suitable to use as a daily driver:

Nobara Project, Void Linux, Mint, EndeavourOS, MX Linux, NetBSD, Devuan, FreeBSD and Clear Linux

You can see from the RAM usage that Linux systems contain much less bloatware:

image.png.f9ba947c14ab3025606c53b88f23a368.png

It can have a beautiful GUI and use only 50 MB RAM in total if I would want this.

The fewer services that start up in the operating system, the more likely your system will be stable.

As you can see, the chance that Linux will be more stable is much higher.

My FreeBSD system has not completely crashed once in almost 5 years of use, which I have never seen on any macOS/windows systems I've used.

Suggesting another operating system is not answering or resolving the issue asked in the op. Please keep replies and comments to that end.

This and subsequent replies do not contribute to the thread. If the op was asking for an alternative, then that would be the proper time to suggest. Please bear this in mind.

6 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

Ok, your Windows had issues because of all the BSOD-s, let's upgrade the Windows and the drivers first. Maybe the Windows are busted.

Sounds good! 

Will look into upgrading to Windows 11 right away! 🙂

Here I was thinking this was going to be a walk in the park, 

Turns out I can't upgrade to Windows 11 just yet, because I need Secure Boot whatever that is enabled before I can. I went onto YouTube and my god am I more confused now than I was before xD

Would just doing a new complete reinstall of Windows do the trick as well? 

1 hour ago, Azizo said:

Here I was thinking this was going to be a walk in the park, 

Turns out I can't upgrade to Windows 11 just yet, because I need Secure Boot whatever that is enabled before I can. I went onto YouTube and my god am I more confused now than I was before xD

If you black screen and reboot it might help to turn off Global C State in BIOS.

That fixed it for my 5900x.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

11 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

If you black screen and reboot it might help to turn off Global C State in BIOS.

That fixed it for my 5900x.

Oh I'm going to have to try that out! ^^ 

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! 😄 

Yeah it feels almost silly that Microsoft is more or less ''forcing'' us to do so before we can upgrade, probably just to support the sales of their partners 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, Azizo said:

Unix-like operating systems are usually much more stable than windows, so that's also an option.

Nobara Project, Void Linux, Mint, EndeavourOS, MX Linux, NetBSD, Devuan, FreeBSD and Clear Linux

It can have a beautiful GUI and use only 50 MB RAM in total if I would want this.

The fewer services that start up in the operating system, the more likely your system will be stable.

My FreeBSD system has not completely crashed once in almost 5 years of use, which I have never seen on any macOS/windows systems I've used.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 1:02 PM, The Hope said:

Thank you so much for the recommendation. Seeing as how many issues and problems I've had with Microsoft as of lately, making the switch to another operating system has crossed my mind several times. This one looks and sounds very promising. I'll look into it right away 🙂 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:12 PM, Azizo said:

Thank you so much for the recommendation. Seeing as how many issues and problems I've had with Microsoft as of lately, making the switch to another operating system has crossed my mind several times. This one looks and sounds very promising. I'll look into it right away 🙂 

Since you are a beginner I would recommend the following options:

Nobara Project, Mint, EndeavourOS, MX Linux

There can be big differences in difficulty between different systems, I don't know exactly what your skills are.

The above options can be easily learned by almost anyone without having to invest a lot of time in it.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 7:32 AM, The Hope said:

Since you are a beginner I would recommend the following options:

Nobara Project, Mint, EndeavourOS, MX Linux

There can be big differences in difficulty between different systems, I don't know exactly what your skills are.

The above options can be easily learned by almost anyone without having to invest a lot of time in it.

I like Ubuntu and Debian as I run then in my VMs and they are great. And I think have more software for them then other Linux distributions and only spent about half a hour to learn. I really don’t recommend for a beginner Arch as I couldn’t get it to Install and it is extremely difficult to learn.

Edited by idk19

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 9:28 PM, idk19 said:

I like Ubuntu and Debian as I run then in my VMs and they are great. And I think have more software for them then other Linux distributions and only spent about half a hour to learn. I really don’t recommend for a beginner Arch as I couldn’t get it to Install and it is extremely difficult to learn.

I use Clear Linux, Void and MX Linux in my VMs on FreeBSD. Browser performance in Speedometer and StyleBench is very high on FreeBSD in these VMs. And Void, Clear Linux, and MX Linux all boot much faster than Debian or Ubuntu.

bhyve is much faster than VirtualBox in some areas, and also much faster than KVM for data operations.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, The Hope said:

Suggesting another operating system is not answering or resolving the issue asked in the op. Please keep replies and comments to that end.

This and subsequent replies do not contribute to the thread. If the op was asking for an alternative, then that would be the proper time to suggest. Please bear this in mind.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER