Oled Tv buying guide

ThomasSacco

I am looking forward to buy a new Tv and soundbar/speakers for my new apartment. What Tv's would you recommend for a budget of 1600€ for the tv + an extra of 500€ for speakers?

It should be an Oled TV 

Thankful for any suggestions 

Do you have some sort of electronics-type store around, maybe a BestBuy? (I'm not sure what they have across the pond.) I would say go in there and have a look at yourself. Carry your PS5 in if they'll let you. If you're like me, you'll probably be watching it for the next decade, so make sure it does everything you want it to do and looks to your liking. Beyond that, I know LTT has some videos on comparing TVs by specs, as well as no telling how many other YouTubers. ...though I would say, the decision would be a whole lot easier if you could go somewhere and actually see the picture, and hear the sound of the gear you're wanting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, ThomasSacco said:

I am looking forward to buy a new Tv and soundbar/speakers for my new apartment. What Tv's would you recommend for a budget of 1600€ for the tv + an extra of 500€ for speakers?

It should be an Oled TV 

Thankful for any suggestions 

I have the Sony A80J 55" model, I paid around $2000 CAD for it. I have no idea what your local price would be - but I highly recommend it. The picture quality is jaw droppingly good. It uses the same Panel as the LG C series (C1 was the current competitor when I bought).

The main difference between the C1 and the A80J was that they use different visual processors, and the Sony was slightly better. It also had ever so slightly better peak brightness, which really comes in handy for HDR content.

The LG C1 is typically a few hundred bucks cheaper though, so it's a good compromise if you need to slash the budget a bit.

Edited to add:

https://www.rtings.com/tv

One of the best resources for TV research is RTings - a review website that tries to logically score different aspects in the most objective way possible. It's excellent for comparing two different TV's and seeing what the major differences are.

They also do Burn-in testing, though not every TV model is available for that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)