Stream PC games to LG C2 TV

Callumw97

Hi all,

I've recently got an LG C2 TV and was wondering what the best way of streaming my PC to it was. My PC is upstairs with the TV being downstairs, it's not possible to put the PC next to the TV due to space. I'd like to be able stream some more casual games with an Xbox controller to the TV instead of having to sit at my PC. They are both connected via Ethernet and I have an RTX 3070 so thought I could make use of GameStream but this would require additional hardware with the TV to connect. I've also had a look at steamlink but this app isn't available on LG's WebOS. Anyone got any other suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks

Long hdmi cable from TV to pc. Fiber hdmi. The only method I'd suggest.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Callumw97 said:

Hi all,

I've recently got an LG C2 TV and was wondering what the best way of streaming my PC to it was. My PC is upstairs with the TV being downstairs, it's not possible to put the PC next to the TV due to space. I'd like to be able stream some more casual games with an Xbox controller to the TV instead of having to sit at my PC. They are both connected via Ethernet and I have an RTX 3070 so thought I could make use of GameStream but this would require additional hardware with the TV to connect. I've also had a look at steamlink but this app isn't available on LG's WebOS. Anyone got any other suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks

Just to clarify, when you say "stream", what you mean specifically is that you want to play PC Games from your PC, on your TV, which are in different rooms. But you don't want to connect any additional hardware to the TV.

Honestly, there's not really a good solution for that.

NVIDIA GameStream is an option you already mentioned - you could buy a Shield or Shield TV and use that as the streaming receiver. Steamlink is another option - there's a lot of hardware that can receive a Steamlink stream (any PC running steam, for example, but also things like the new SteamDeck should work).

Basically, if the TV doesn't have an App compatible with your service, you need something in between as an intermediary.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:48 PM, sm1th5 said:

Long hdmi cable from TV to pc. Fiber hdmi. The only method I'd suggest.

That might work if all the OP is doing is streaming a video, like a movie or TV show. But he wants to play games via streaming (eg: use his PC to power the game). He could try a super long Thunderbolt Fibre Optic cable, with a Thunderbolt dock/port multiplier on the other end, where he can connect a bluetooth dongle, USB, etc, but that would not be a great solution.

He could try and see if the controller has enough signal from the TV to the PC, but that would likely be very unreliable.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)