Canon M50 custom firmware

rrats

How hard is it to fuck up camera by baking a mistake while installing custom firmware? I am really not a fan of the og one and I want to change it

35 minutes ago, rrats said:

How hard is it to fuck up camera by baking a mistake while installing custom firmware? I am really not a fan of the og one and I want to change it

Hardware damage is very unlikely but at worst its a bricked camera

Though bricked =/= broken so depends where the firmware is stored, if the chip is easy to program and remove then thats moderate since you need a programmer and some smd soldering experience and equipment (basically all non bga stuff) but if its a bga chip or in a location where its ridicolously hard to access then that can be considered effectively broken

Whyd you even want a custom firmware anyways? Android modding with custom recoveries is for ease to install stuff like root or custom roms which are generally superior to the stock oem rom on the phone, also miscallaneous stuff like overclocking with custom kernels, etc. So wouldnt see how benificial a camera custom firmware would be unless it means better quality video/pictures or something