Blurry motion using Kodi with a 4K Sony A80J

DJZ

Go to solution Solved by DJZ,
4 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Plex, vlc, windows media player, pretty near all players will be able to play from smb shares. 

Thanks! I've gone ahead and tried Plex and for some reason, the result is the same... Not sure what's going on

SOLVED: It was a problem with the TV settings. Sony's "Motionflow" was making everything bad and I didn't realize I had to change the settings for each input mode.

Hi all,

I recently got a Sony A80J TV and decided to try to stream from my HTPC/NAS to the TV using Kodi. Unfortunately, while the image was beautiful for slow-moving scenes, a lot of the motion was blurry/patchy. By that I don't mean that it looks like low FPS, I mean that there are blurry patches around the edges of the motion, sometimes around the character's hair and things like that. I thought the network was at fault, but then I played the video file with a USB thumb drive. When watching the video through the TV's native system, everything is perfect. But when I watch it with Kodi, even with the USB thumb drive, same issue. So clearly the problem is happening with Kodi.

Are there other software like Kodi that I could use? My requirement is that it should be able to connect SMB shares.

1 hour ago, DJZ said:

Hi all,

I recently got a Sony A80J TV and decided to try to stream from my HTPC/NAS to the TV using Kodi. Unfortunately, while the image was beautiful for slow-moving scenes, a lot of the motion was blurry/patchy. By that I don't mean that it looks like low FPS, I mean that there are blurry patches around the edges of the motion, sometimes around the character's hair and things like that. I thought the network was at fault, but then I played the video file with a USB thumb drive. When watching the video through the TV's native system, everything is perfect. But when I watch it with Kodi, even with the USB thumb drive, same issue. So clearly the problem is happening with Kodi.

Are there other software like Kodi that I could use? My requirement is that it should be able to connect SMB shares.

Plex, vlc, windows media player, pretty near all players will be able to play from smb shares. 

4 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Thanks! I've gone ahead and tried Plex and for some reason, the result is the same... Not sure what's going on

SOLVED: It was a problem with the TV settings. Sony's "Motionflow" was making everything bad and I didn't realize I had to change the settings for each input mode.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, DJZ said:

I have the same TV - love it, but yeah, you have to be careful of the motion interpolation settings. They can work well for some content (mostly just live sports), but they tend to make most content look like crap.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)